Truma C6002 will not start up (1 Viewer)

RichardandKaren

Free Member
Oct 4, 2017
Leamington Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786F
Hi, I have a Trumatic C 6002 in my 2004 Rapido. Had the van a year and a half with no problems. Van is on my drive and is drained down for winter. Went to do some maintenance work inside the van today and because it was pretty cold in there I thought I would put the blown air heating on for a while. I am on EHU at home and the Truma manual does confirm specifically that the heating will work without water in the system ( I have used it to do that perfectly successfully about a months or so ago). However, this time when I turned the control knob to heating only the little green light just stayed on for a millisecond and then goes off and nothing else happens. Tried a few times and exactly the same each time. All other electrics are working in the van. I have checked the heating fuse in the main fuse board under the bed and that is fine. Can anyone offer any advice please? Is there a fuse in the actual boiler which I need to check - if so where is it?
Thanks
Richard

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
There is a fuse from memory I think 10 amp under the cover on the side of the boiler it's on the PCB. Another thing to try is pull all the connectors off on the PCB and clean them with switch cleaner. I had a C60002 that was intermittant, cleaning the connectors cured it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Can you hear the fan start, then clicking and the gas igniting?

OP
OP
RichardandKaren

RichardandKaren

Free Member
Oct 4, 2017
Leamington Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786F
Hi- gas is on and is confirmed by fact that hobs are all working at full blast. No sound of anything clicking or whirring into motion ( which does normally happen) when I try to turn it on - just the little green light for a very brief moment ( which does suggest some power?). Anyhow, as obviously need to look for fuse near the pcb board ( and also see if multimeter can detect power getting to boiler) I will take a look when it’s daylight which will need to be Saturday now as have to work tomorrow. Thanks very much for help so far.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Does that model have covers for the vent which need to be taken off first, mine has and does not work with them on.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Hi- gas is on and is confirmed by fact that hobs are all working at full blast. No sound of anything clicking or whirring into motion ( which does normally happen) when I try to turn it on - just the little green light for a very brief moment ( which does suggest some power?). Anyhow, as obviously need to look for fuse near the pcb board ( and also see if multimeter can detect power getting to boiler) I will take a look when it’s daylight which will need to be Saturday now as have to work tomorrow. Thanks very much for help so far.
Does the light turn red/orange?

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
I suggest that you test that the unit is receiving a good 12v supply. The symptoms you describe are very similar to those that I experienced with the same unit in our old AutoTrial. When tested with a meter it looked as if there was a 12v supply but there was insufficient current to light car headlight bulb. It turned out to be a poor earth on the chassis and shot wiring. In the end I ran a completely new supply to it from an adjacent 12v socket.

OP
OP
RichardandKaren

RichardandKaren

Free Member
Oct 4, 2017
Leamington Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786F
Thanks - going to take a good look around it all on Saturday and will report back. I’m hoping it might even be something as simple as a loose connection somewhere as was working fine but took van out for a drive on Tuesday and maybe something has just worked loose - fingers crossed. You just sort of know that if I have to go to local Truma place ( one near me) they will probably say “ needs a new PCB sir - that’ll be £450” and I certainly don’t need that!

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
gas at hob proves nothing check at the connection if you can but symptoms do suggest wiring breaking down under load

OP
OP
RichardandKaren

RichardandKaren

Free Member
Oct 4, 2017
Leamington Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786F
A development - just been out to van and unplugged ehu. Hey presto heating now works when running off leisure battery. So, what am I looking for now? I don’t really have any experience with auto electricals but I do have a multimeter.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
A development - just been out to van and unplugged ehu. Hey presto heating now works when running off leisure battery. So, what am I looking for now? I don’t really have any experience with auto electricals but I do have a multimeter.
Very strange.

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
As stated " Very Strange" I would check the dc voltage at the boiler with EHU on or off, perhaps their is an on board regulator that doesnt like a higher voltage or perhaps the reg is blown and thats why it shuts down as it detects too high a voltage?
Thanks for the tip was nervous about running mine without water in it.

Mike

OP
OP
RichardandKaren

RichardandKaren

Free Member
Oct 4, 2017
Leamington Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786F
Gets stranger - without me having knowingly changed anything, it's all working fine now both on EHU and on battery. No idea what caused all the previous issues but the good news is that I'm not going to be handing money over to anyone to fix it just yet!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back