Truma 6e Help needed! (pipe bursting) (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2020
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 673g
Exp
I am in northern France, touring indefinitely (Brittany) and I have a problem with the hot water feed from the boiler to the outlets keeps bursting just beyond the connector from the boiler. I've repaired it three times now. The nearest dealer can't help for three weeks!

When I run it on winter setting (230v) after an hour the problem occurs, whether it's on the high or low setting. The water seems very very hot, too hot to put your hand under. I know the pipe should be replaced as the van is 12 years old but this won't happen anytime soon and I need some help/advise/suggestions.

I've read in the forums about the pressure relief valves etc but I'm not sure this is the problem.

Please help, any advise would be greatly appreciated.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Give Truma a ring, they are very helpful and know their product best. Hope you get it sorted or pointed in right direction.

Upvote 0
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Sounds like the pressure relief / air inlet valve is faulty

Upvote 0
Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
Not familiar with your boiler type so this is just a thought:

Could you go into a type of "limp mode" until such times as the dealer can take you in? I had in mind only having the hot water on for a short period (under an hour) before you need it, then turning it off until you anticipate needing more . I'm presuming that if using the van shower, the boiler connection remains okay while the hot water is being drawn through the system?

Upvote 0
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I've stuck a digital thermometer thermistor on ours, we only need to run it for 15mins to get warm water.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Koodoo
Jul 13, 2020
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 673g
Exp
Not familiar with your boiler type so this is just a thought:

Could you go into a type of "limp mode" until such times as the dealer can take you in? I had in mind only having the hot water on for a short period (under an hour) before you need it, then turning it off until you anticipate needing more . I'm presuming that if using the van shower, the boiler connection remains okay while the hot water is being drawn through the system?
I was thinking along these lines myself. I think it's probably the best solution for now.

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi the thermostat has gone allowing your water to boil. Try using it on for half hour ish then turn off. If you leave it on it will keep heating the water until the hot water simply Blow's the pipework at it weakest point near the boiler.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Koodoo
Jul 13, 2020
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 673g
Exp
Hi the thermostat has gone allowing your water to boil. Try using it on for half hour ish then turn off. If you leave it on it will keep heating the water until the hot water simply Blow's the pipework at it weakest point near the boiler.
Yes, I think you're right. I'll take your advice, thanks

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back