Truma 6E - Error E89H (Combustion Motor & Fan) (1 Viewer)

Jul 14, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our 1st Motorhome
Hi,

We're in Portugal at the moment, we've come through from Spain.

Last week we had a Truma E89H error message come up on our Truma 6E system, and no heating or hot water.

We found a Truma dealership in Seville who replaced the Combustion motor and fan (€375).

We've topped up with gas today and we have the same message reappear. On the web there's various things to try, including tapping the fan area to remove dust, but the engineer said last week that it was all clean inside. The motorhome is 5 years old.

I guess we will have to return to Seville to see if he can fix it (again) but we would appreciate any suggestions on what to try next.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
My Truma stopped working on Saturday, the fault code 122 said a blocked inlet, after 30 mins of checking and finding nothing, I found it was simply out of gas. So fault codes can lead you up a garden path.

Last edited:

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Can't help you with this, but I have seen that code twice in winter conditions. The tap tap did the trick on both occasions. Why are you getting it after the replacement is a mystery, please keep us informed of your progress with the fault.

OP
OP
March Hare
Jul 14, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our 1st Motorhome
My Truma stopped working on Saturday, the fault code 122 said a blocked inlet, after 30 mins of checking and finding nothing, I found it was simply out of gas. So fault codes can lead you up a garden path.
Thanks Olley! Last week we tried all the things that were on the web to reset the system, and we also spoke to Truma Tech Support. We're heading back to Seville this morning which will be a 380km round trip - it was only fixed last Friday 😟

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
March Hare
Jul 14, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our 1st Motorhome
Can't help you with this, but I have seen that code twice in winter conditions. The tap tap did the trick on both occasions. Why are you getting it after the replacement is a mystery, please keep us informed of your progress with the fault.
Thanks Quackers, will let you know the outcome! 🔧🪛🤞

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Interesting, we got that code when away last week, fortunately had an electric heater with us. Reading up, there is also something in either Practical motorhome or MMM this month, can be caused by a disconnected, outlet hose.
Also read that all vents had to be open on starting up, i had closed the vent in the bathroom and also one near the door which freezes my feet when it starts up.
Will give it a try when we bring it home next, it did happen when away last year, did nothing and it worked fine next time we used it.

OP
OP
March Hare
Jul 14, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our 1st Motorhome
Interesting, we got that code when away last week, fortunately had an electric heater with us. Reading up, there is also something in either Practical motorhome or MMM this month, can be caused by a disconnected, outlet hose.
Also read that all vents had to be open on starting up, i had closed the vent in the bathroom and also one near the door which freezes my feet when it starts up.
Will give it a try when we bring it home next, it did happen when away last year, did nothing and it worked fine next time we used it.
Hi Scotzsue, thanks for your reply yesterday! We drove the 200kms back from Faro to Seville yesterday morning to return to the workshop only to find that it was Andalusian Day so everything was shut. I did try to call first but as there was a big language gap on our part we thought we'd just head to the workshop, not thinking for a moment that they'd be closed on a Tuesday, so that added 400kms to our journey.

We need to be up in the Lisbon area for the next few days, so we came on up here and will try and find a Truma dealership locally to get it fixed as it's really cold at night here and no hot water is not ideal.

Thanks also for the tip about the article in MMM or Practical Motorhome - I've had a look at the magazine's on Readly but haven't found the article yet - will have a look again later.

OP
OP
March Hare
Jul 14, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our 1st Motorhome
Just a quick update.

We found a Truma dealership in Portugal, north of Lisbon. It's a family owned business and they managed to fit us in on the day, and they had the motorhome in their workshop for most of the day.

They couldn't understand why we'd got the E89H error message again, just three days after the first failure, but they tested everything and the new Combustion motor (fitted in Seville) appeared to still be ok. The next step on the Truma diagnostic process was to replace the circulation motor. So that's what they replaced (€370 time & materials) and dare I say it, so far so good..... 🤞

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back