Triumph was not British owned !! (1 Viewer)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Well Jaws old chap, it started with my first post on this thread, which drew me to it and perhaps it bought back my feelings. I told both my boys that if they ever bought home anything that resembled a motorbike, I would take a lump hammer to it. I also dislike football. :gum:
I hope you like sex then!šŸ¤”

Jun 13, 2020
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T68 XV.
Exp
This why the 2000 and 2500 cars were seen as the original 5 series BMW

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Dunno about venting a spleen. I certainly had mine removed due the unfortunate incident. The surgeon said that I would be safer if I ever crashed again as I would have one less thing to haemorrhage.
After my second m/bike injury at the tender age of 75 (I toppled over whilst stationary - my foot slipped on gravel waiting to check in at the camping rally tent, broke my arm again and bent the 2 year old steel rod in it) I saw the same surgeon at A&E. He just said: "What you again? Unfortunately what you need isn't available on the NHS...............a ruddy ball and chain to keep you off motorbikes".
How we laughed.
I'm still riding though ;)

Nov 27, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Chromes crap on the Rocket 111. That's for sure.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
Not much British in the new Hinkley Triumphs, apart perhaps from the air in the tyres.
Really? I just looked where they are made and found five factories, two in Hinkley. The other three in Asia are owned by Triumph, not just outsourced bikes. According to the website!

So a bit more than air in the tyres!

Take a look at car producers. Factories all over the world. Or JCB, with factories in the UK, Brazil, US, India and in mainland Europe.

I think this British brand-Triumph- owes more to John Bloorā€˜s recreation of it than its creator or any of its previous owners. Like those above, it is now a World brand. Good on him.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back