Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
Hi
Going to trier in July, has anyone tried the below site?

Broken Link Removed

thanks

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
I presume you are loking at Trier on the mosel river. There is a large Stelplatz along side the river and cycle path into the city we stayed there 2 years ago easy access to city, water, waste disposal, level parking and a lot cheaper than the campsite.:thumb:

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
We have stayed on the Stellplatz which is attached and part of Treviris (Motorhome Pitch Spot) on their website. With this site you choose to use electric/water/shower if and when required its all done on a card system and you pay for what you use. Card is given to you when you arrive via machine at gate and you can 'top it up' if you want to use electric etc. Wifi was free on the two occasions we have stayed here. Price of Stellplatz is a lot cheaper than the campsite as can seen by the website. Excellent cycle path into Trier, Lidl within 5 mins and bus stop right at the gate.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
The site at trier is next to the river Mosel it is a large site with ample space, cheap wifi (about 50c a night I think) was 7.5 euros a night 2 years ago. The town is across the bridge on the other side of the river. I think there may be free parking at McDonalds over the other side. You may want to look for that first before committing to a paid site, it depends if you need leccy, when you enter the site you get a card, use it for access to everything that is charged as extras, that is water, leccy and showers etc. Baker comes around every morning. On your way to Trier I suggest you visit Metz if you have not already done so there is a free aire in front of the municiplecamping site right next to the river moselle (I think I have the spelling the right way around, anyway same river as trier different spelling. From Metz the nearest free air in Luxemburg is Dudelange it is next to the railway and again only a short walk into town and well worth a visit. The cheapest fuel we found was actually on the motorways in Luxemburg. If you are following the Mosel valley route after Trier you can come back into Lux from the top aftertravelling through Germany and Holland, There is so much to see in Luxemburg (the country that is). Especially if you like castles and museums. so travelling from north to south on your return trip will allow you to fill up with cheap fuel again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back