Travelling at this time (1 Viewer)

May 2, 2019
Funster No
MH
Exp
can anyone help with a bit of advice, my Moho is booked in for some warranty work to be carried out on Monday 04/01/2021 at 08.30 I will leave home around 0700 so I am not able to call the dealer at Tewksbury to see what they think
I live near Coventry so maybe an hour and a half drive I will be leaving the Moho there for around ten days so just dropping off then back home.
am I allowed to do this now with being in tier 4.
any thoughts appreciated.
j&l

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I suspect that there are no rules to deal with that scenario. I know in the first lockdown garage services were excempt so as to allow for repair of vehicles of key workers but they then had mot extensions suggesting if you weren't a key worker you weren't expected to visit a test centre.
You could argue that as its vehicle related its excempt or that if it's on the hab side its non essential travel as you aren't allowed to use it to camp in anyway.
I suppose you will have to decide for yourself and if you decide to go think of a justification of you are really unlucky and get stopped.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
.gov web site says,

Essential activities

You can leave home to buy things at shops or obtain services from a business which is permitted to open in your Tier 4 area, but you should stay local. For instance you can leave home to buy food or medicine, or to collect any items – including food or drink – ordered through click-and-collect or as a takeaway, to obtain or deposit money

Are you sure that the service department are going to be open? If I could do it safely think I would but I guess there will be others with a different view ;)

EDIT maybe the "in your Tier 4 area" could be a justification for not doing it.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
can anyone help with a bit of advice, my Moho is booked in for some warranty work to be carried out on Monday 04/01/2021 at 08.30 I will leave home around 0700 so I am not able to call the dealer at Tewksbury to see what they think
I live near Coventry so maybe an hour and a half drive I will be leaving the Moho there for around ten days so just dropping off then back home.
am I allowed to do this now with being in tier 4.
any thoughts appreciated.
j&l

Contact the dealer by email or check their website

OP
OP
Jim and Louise
May 2, 2019
Funster No
MH
Exp
its a bit of a dilemma but I am leaning towards keeping the appointment and hopefully be ok

OP
OP
Jim and Louise
May 2, 2019
Funster No
MH
Exp
Have just checked the website the advice is completely empty the motorhome of personal possessions to protect our staff during the time they will be carrying out the work so I guess they are operating

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Have just checked the website the advice is completely empty the motorhome of personal possessions to protect our staff during the time they will be carrying out the work so I guess they are operating
I'd still email. Does the website show anything to suggest it's been updated since the new tiers?. I know many small businesses will find it a lot easier to pick up emails than alter the website.

OP
OP
Jim and Louise
May 2, 2019
Funster No
MH
Exp
I have sent off an email hopefully get a reply and go from there
many thanks all

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Probably not much use to the OP but, I've tried over the last week to get in touch with Todds, web site says we are open, but no-one answering the phone. It's not urgent for me, and they're possibly on Xmas / New Year shut-down.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I want to get a boat moved on the canals but now (Covid aside) is the time that they close sections for maintenance. I've just been to look for their latest "stoppages" on the CART website and get documents dated March 2017...

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
I have sent off an email hopefully get a reply and go from there
many thanks all
I’m guessing that you are using Marquis - the message on their site is as follows:-

OUT OF HOURS SALES EMAIL

saleline_thumb.png

Due to the current tier restrictions across the UK, all Marquis branches will remain closed until 11th January 2021 and our staff have been furloughed. Marquis will be operating an out of hours Sales email line. This will enable our customers to take advantage of all the Offers and Savings available from the UK's largest dealer network up until the 11th January 2021.

If your vehicle was booked into our Service Centre for any work before 11th January, our staff will contact you on their return to to work to re-arrange your appointment.

PLEASE <Broken link removed> TO COMPLETE OUR OUT OF HOURS FORM

......so no work before the 11th Jan..........?:unsure:

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I’m guessing that you are using Marquis - the message on their site is as follows:-

OUT OF HOURS SALES EMAIL

saleline_thumb.png

Due to the current tier restrictions across the UK, all Marquis branches will remain closed until 11th January 2021 and our staff have been furloughed. Marquis will be operating an out of hours Sales email line. This will enable our customers to take advantage of all the Offers and Savings available from the UK's largest dealer network up until the 11th January 2021.

If your vehicle was booked into our Service Centre for any work before 11th January, our staff will contact you on their return to to work to re-arrange your appointment.

PLEASE <Broken link removed> TO COMPLETE OUR OUT OF HOURS FORM

......so no work before the 11th Jan..........?:unsure:
Looks like it might have saved a wasted journey.

Reactions: f6c

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Check with the dealer before travelling, Go-European closed twice so we managed to nip in this month having had it put off a couple of times as we needed to have the hab done to keep our warranty which had been extended by Carthago once already.

If they are open then go, just don't stop en-route - if you are stopped which is highly unlikely just explain that it is necessary to keep your vehicle warranty intact.

RichardandKaren

Free Member
Oct 4, 2017
Leamington Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786F
You live in a Tier 4 area and, I believe, you are not allowed to leave that Tier 4 area.

I also live in a Tier 4 area and my M/H is booked in for an MOT on Tuesday at a local garage within my tier area and that appears to be within the rules.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I telephoned my dealer yesterday about my booked work because I am now not allowed to travel outside my Tier 4 area. They agreed with me but said they were having to cancel bookings anyway because they are also in a Tier 4 area and being classed as a leisure industry, not a garage, they have to close. I believe Tewkesbury is also Tier 4 and should have the same restrictions.

• Informative
Reactions: f6c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back