Travel to France January 2021 (1 Viewer)

Mar 19, 2020
south of France
Funster No
MH
1991 swift kontiki
Exp
4years
These are the new rules from January 2021, it looks like holidays are out for most of the year. Sorry if this spoils your plans but early warning is always best.............

The UK is not on the EU’s final updated list before 2021 of ‘external’ countries exempt from strict Covid-19 EU entry rules.

The list, just published, confirms that it is highly unlikely that holiday or leisure visits from the UK – including to second homes – will be allowed to France or other EU countries next year until the EU judges that the pandemic is coming to an end or the UK has few new cases over a 14-day period.

It means also that a negative Covid-19 test will be needed in the previous 72 hours on entering France from the UK (if agreed by France, testing in the airport could also be allowed) and that those who can enter will need to bring an attestation de déplacement internationale. The latter will include, notably, both French and residents of France.

The list published on the website of the Council of the European Union is unchanged from a previous one published in October. The UK is affected because of Brexit. EU sources confirmed to The Connexion that the UK will be considered ‘external’ to the European area with regard to the travel restrictions once ‘full Brexit’ applies from January 1 and that today's update was the last chance before January for the country to be included on the exemption list.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
These are the new rules from January 2021, it looks like holidays are out for most of the year. Sorry if this spoils your plans but early warning is always best.............

The UK is not on the EU’s final updated list before 2021 of ‘external’ countries exempt from strict Covid-19 EU entry rules.

The list, just published, confirms that it is highly unlikely that holiday or leisure visits from the UK – including to second homes – will be allowed to France or other EU countries next year until the EU judges that the pandemic is coming to an end or the UK has few new cases over a 14-day period.

It means also that a negative Covid-19 test will be needed in the previous 72 hours on entering France from the UK (if agreed by France, testing in the airport could also be allowed) and that those who can enter will need to bring an attestation de déplacement internationale. The latter will include, notably, both French and residents of France.

The list published on the website of the Council of the European Union is unchanged from a previous one published in October. The UK is affected because of Brexit. EU sources confirmed to The Connexion that the UK will be considered ‘external’ to the European area with regard to the travel restrictions once ‘full Brexit’ applies from January 1 and that today's update was the last chance before January for the country to be included on the exemption list.
Should have done this in every country in the world last april,,BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The way I read things the list will be reviewed 6th Jan 2021 so the situation could change, not sure where the idea of restrictions for most of the year come from.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
The way I read things the list will be reviewed 6th Jan 2021 so the situation could change, not sure where the idea of restrictions for most of the year come from.
Karen who works in the Nail Bar in Benidorm said it could be the whole year....or even forever...😟🥴

OP
OP
ashley 1340
Mar 19, 2020
south of France
Funster No
MH
1991 swift kontiki
Exp
4years
Macron has said nothing will improve until the infection rate is below 5000 for the UK, as that seems to be very difficult to achieve it's going to be a long wait

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
Did you get my request for one of the few left Jim, I paid by PayPal. Never saw the offer in December, I'm on here all the time it passed me by I think, eye sight is bad though!

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Did you get my request for one of the few left Jim, I paid by PayPal. Never saw the offer in December, I'm on here all the time it passed me by I think, eye sight is bad though!
You may have posted this in the wrong forum/thread.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back