Traumatic fan blower (1 Viewer)

Big Jd

Free Member
Jan 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
caravan
Hi there I’ve got a Luna Solaris 2007 touring caravan
The trumatic heater that’s installed is working perfectly, both gas and electric heaters work fine. However the trumavent blower that is at the back of the fire is not working correctly.

the fan from day one of owning the caravan has never worked properly, when turned on in either manual or automatic the fan was very noisy and after about 5 minutes would stop all together.

I’ve had the fire apart, taking out the draw and removed the fan housing completely. I’ve dismantled the housing and removed the fan and motor, the 12v circuit board, the switch board on the front of the fire and all connecting cables. The fan itself was very dusty with a lot of large chunks of fluff stuck in and around the blades. I’ve cleaned this all down and lubricated the bearing holding the fan in place. Ive tested the motor with a direct 12v supply of a battery and it run perfectly no noises or problems.
I then cleaned down both circuit boards with a cotton bud and checked for any cracks or fatigue on the circuits linking all the components. the tiny micro fuse was still all intact and didn’t seem to be any other problems.

I then put everything back together but left it out of the back of the fire so I could see it working or not. Everything worked fine, the fan run on both manual and automatic switches with no noise or rattling. I then put everything back into the back of the fire and reassembled the fire fully. I then put the fire on with the electric and the blower. The two together was working fine however after a hour the fan stoped working again.

my theory at this stage is that the motor isn’t working at hot temperatures due to being old and worn out. Or that the thermostat in the automatic switch is fault causing it to cut out at a certain temperature however this doesn’t explain why the manual switch isn’t working.

Anyone got any input because feel a bit useless.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
:hiya2: w2f
I think I know the type of fire you are talking about but I’m not sure that type are fitted to many motorhomes.

Try ringing Truma service. They are really helpful

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back