Transfer Music from Windows PC to iphone without itunes? (1 Viewer)

Dec 9, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Searching for a Tardis
Exp
Several years living in a very basic campervan in the 70's
Has anyone used one of the many alternatives to itunes to transfer music etc from a windows pc to an iphone?

Are there any free ones that work well or is is best to go for one of the paid versions?

Much to my amazement I found out for a couple of them you had to have itunes installed for them to work and I really do not want itunes on my laptop.

Thanks

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Sorry Joy @movan
& @BOD46 I use a couple of programs to d/l to pc but then only use android programs .
No ties to ifone or iTunes

Have a look at APKtime.com
I use the platinum version (free) once a pirate always a pirate .Cornish heritage :LOL:
All programs possible ,maybe are there once downloaded . Do advise a VPN though .
I use Nord vpn.
Good luck (y)

VLC media player ? Free (y) of course

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
I have a utility on my windows PC.. (free)

I think I still have it!..
I’ll have a look for it... and get back to you...

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
It’s called “SharePod”..

The files (on my PC) are date stamped way back in 2011...

I’ve just googled it - and it still exists...

Tho not sure if still free.. and if so... what reduced funtions are in free version - as it looks like there’s an option to buy..

Another more current utility that I’ve used is iExplorer... but I may have paid for that.. as I wanted to download and print txt msgs for a court case...

Edit: it appears that Sharepod is now 20us dollars and other is 40usd

OP
OP
BOD46
Dec 9, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Searching for a Tardis
Exp
Sorry Joy @movan
& @BOD46 I use a couple of programs to d/l to pc but then only use android programs .
No ties to ifone or iTunes

Have a look at APKtime.com
I use the platinum version (free) once a pirate always a pirate .Cornish heritage :LOL:

Me too, I am a couple of miles down the road from Blackgang Chine a well known smugglers haunt. I always prefer free:D

All programs possible ,maybe are there once downloaded . Do advise a VPN though .
I use Nord vpn.
Good luck (y)

Thought I did not need a VPN if I only used IOS apps until I started on my travels and started using wifi hotspots etc ? I would rather be proved wrong than mess up.

VLC media player ? Free (y) of course

Do have VLC on my laptop but have not used it much. Just had a look on how to transfer music etc with the IOS VLC app and it is done via bluetooth. Possible - think it would take a long time to transfer 34GB music files.

I am on a very steep learning curve ATM this iphone is the first apple product that I have ever owned. Previously had a blackberry but did not think it was a good idea to sideload android banking apps on to it hence the iphone, I do like it but it is giving me brainache. I try to avoid windows and google as much as possible.

The fun will really start when I try to use my iphone with my small travelling laptop, it has a linux OS, which I am still learning about, I don't make life easy for myself! :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help (y)

OP
OP
BOD46
Dec 9, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Searching for a Tardis
Exp
It’s called “SharePod”..

The files (on my PC) are date stamped way back in 2011...

I’ve just googled it - and it still exists...

Tho not sure if still free.. and if so... what reduced funtions are in free version - as it looks like there’s an option to buy..

Another more current utility that I’ve used is iExplorer... but I may have paid for that.. as I wanted to download and print txt msgs for a court case...

Edit: it appears that Sharepod is now 20us dollars and other is 40usd

2011 - time flies when you are having fun :) Thanks so much for checking for me. I think I will go down the route of downloading one of the free trials and shifting the main bulk of my music while on the trial, then see if I can find a free permanent one or use VLC as suggested by @jollyrodger for tweaking. I think iexplorer was one of the ones I was considering.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated (y)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Don't use iTunes. Lost half my music, legitimately copied from the original cds that I own.
They disappeared when I did an update.

OP
OP
BOD46
Dec 9, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Searching for a Tardis
Exp
Don't use iTunes. Lost half my music, legitimately copied from the original cds that I own.
They disappeared when I did an update.

No I definitely will not be having itunes on my pc, sorry to hear of your bad experience. I have heard of lots of people who have lost music, I know others say it does not happen but I am not willing to take the chance. Some of my music I have is stuff that I have gone halves with my daughter, son or sister so don't have all the originals, some of that could be at risk.

More than anything I cannot bear programs that do not allow me to be in control of them, I will not have them doing their own thing. I certainly do not want itunes to 'tidy' up my music for me - bloomin cheek of it!

If I find some good programs that let me do what I want I will let you know.

OP
OP
BOD46
Dec 9, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Searching for a Tardis
Exp
At last I have found a free program that will transfer music between a windows pc and an iphone without itunes.

CopyTrans Manager

https://www.copytrans.net/copytransmanager/

They have a good support section that explains how to use it. You may need to download some Apple drivers. There is also a You Tube guide to it but it is American and a bit longwinded.

This program is also extremely fast, it transfered 8 Black Sabbath albums from my pc to my iphone in 10 seconds, a very long audio book took 4secs :D

The only time I tried using itunes I nearly lost the will to live, it was slow.

CopyTrans produce several different iphone programs CopyTrans Manager and CopyTrans Apps are completely free, the other six range from $14 - $19 each or all for £29.99 if you are interested in the other stuff.

@Theonlysue
@Fletton
@movan

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Oooooooops! Sorry, I should have remembered that.:( It's what I used to transfer music from a Windows pc to an old Shuffle!(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back