Garry - June

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Pershore, Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia
Exp
Hi All....been having a discussion online today about the 50cm square red & white warning boards when abroad.... i know if you have rack on the back for bicycles and scooters which overhangs then you must display the striped warning board in certain countries... but what about normal trailers....i ask this because i have a Motolug and they are pretty sparse for room...so if i had to have one where the hell would i fix it... seems a lot of conflicting advice.. Thanks in advance...

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
So what happens if you have a tow ball mounted bike rack with a fitted reg plate & lighting board etc & no protrusion past the lighting board. Would you still need to display the board like I would on a bike rack fixed to the back of the van which protrudes?

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
UK regs is what matters for trailers generally although things like cars on A frames is different

you do not need the 50cm board that Spain and Italy demand for Cycle racks
as long as you trailer has road lights and warning triangles (to define it as a trailer) that's all that is needed - even if they are on a trailer board

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
So what happens if you have a tow ball mounted bike rack with a fitted reg plate & lighting board etc & no protrusion past the lighting board. Would you still need to display the board like I would on a bike rack fixed to the back of the van which protrudes?
The rearmost thing is your lights so no need for a board.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If it has a plate & lights & no protrusion then no board is needed.

you do not need the 50cm board that Spain and Italy demand for Cycle racks
You do for anything that protrudes outside the original vehicle length. You will find tractors now having to display them on the 3 point linkage as that is an accessory to the tractor & not part of its original structure. It also has to be reattached when anything is attached to the 3 point linkage. They must be cracking down on it as most tractors I saw around essex were sporting them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back