Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Eddie bought up a good point in an earlier thread. Do we need to let members know when people are connected to the motorhome/leisure industry. We could replace "Member" "Commercial Member" or something similar. What say you?

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
I think it would be a very good idea Jim. Quite often dealers (not all I might add) tend to advise on certain things with a commercial angle in mind. :winky:

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Yes a very good idea :thumb:

However I fear that the less scrupulous would probably just open a new membership incognito!! :Angry:

Regards Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
I think it would be a very good idea Jim. Quite often dealers (not all I might add) tend to advise on certain things with a commercial angle in mind. :winky:

And some contribute to the site more than others, be it offering advice or just generally chewing the fat :RollEyes:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Our view is that most members are aware of who the "traders" are, it does not normally take too long to suss this out, and it is evident that traders can often offer constructive comments on a problem:Doh:. For our part, we do not mind what we are called as long as we can go on enjoying the fellowship of MHFun members, so whatever the decision, please do not restrict our freedom to chip in.:winky:

Bob and Di

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
, please do not restrict our freedom to chip in.:winky:

Bob and Di

That will certainly not happen :Smile:

We just wonder if members would like to be aware that a poster is connected commercially in some way to motorhoming.

::bigsmile:

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Yes I totally agree Linda :thumb: but however there are always some who will nevertheless try to take advantage to futher their own ends.

So the genuine/open people (like you) :clap: would most likely welcome this move.

Regards Pat

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
I certainly don't mind what I am called - I only wish that my commercial enterprise brought money to me instead of away from me :cry: especially the other day when after 3 years in business someone with an RV said they had never heard of me or my product - oh, woe is me :Doh:
My cousin in Australia sent me a photograph of 'me' appearing on Aussie TV last week in my Big Pitch Guide uniform so they know about us 10,000 miles away but have never heard about us just 100 miles up the road :shout:

Mo and Dick - most definitely attached to The Big Pitch Guide and totally impervious to name calling :thumb:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
That will certainly not happen :Smile:

We just wonder if members would like to be aware that a poster is connected commercially in some way to motorhoming.

::bigsmile:

I for one would please Bryan/Jim.. And what aspect of the trade they deal in?:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
:ROFLMAO: I did say 'Not All' Linda. Long may you continue posting. :winky:
Is Linda a Trader then, I did'nt know that:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:
I knew JC was and i thought Linda just cooked his dinner:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo
Now in hiding too
Yes name and shame em Jim, OOOh does that include me

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
... Do we need to let members know when people are connected to the motorhome/leisure industry. ... What say you?

Yes, where there's a vested interest it should be transparent so that we can make our own mind up about any advice given.

Just a simple (T) in the user name column would be all that's needed...

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Is Linda a Trader then, I did'nt know that:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:
I knew JC was and i thought Linda just cooked his dinner:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo
Now in hiding too
Yes name and shame em Jim, OOOh does that include me

Link RemovedOOOOh Geo! Living Life Dangerously now.Link Removed:RollEyes:

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
I think it is a good idea to identify Traders possibly adding in what area they specialize. After all they may get the praise as well as the occasional brickbat:winky:

David

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Thinking about it, it could be subliminal advertising::bigsmile:
So yes please I volunteer to be the first trader to be Identified by their avatar:thumb:
Geo

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Where you guys getting the stetsons from?

Its a secret Steve, the source is only known to those in The Trade

2escapees

Deleted User
I think it would be a good idea to recognise their commercial interest however you do it!

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Where you guys getting the stetsons from?
First Tony and now you.I want one.:thumb:
Of course I got mine when I took my vows,
I did however ask dad for a cowboy out fit, and he bought me the Garage:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Of course I got mine when I took my vows,
I did however ask dad for a cowboy out fit, and he bought me the Garage:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hey Geo......watch what you say in jest.........Remember Gerald Ratner? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Linda is right up front about her business position yet is an active member on the board so part of us in more ways than one (same she can do more meets:cry:) good company JC and her ladyship:winky::thumb:

I do think businesses should be up front like Linda so we all know where we are.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back