Toyota Proace Max 10 year warranty????? (1 Viewer)

Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
VW T5
Hi

We are considering buying a new PV to convert and having read al the horror stories about adblue, egr valves etc on the newer vans are considering waiting for the Toyota Proace Max to come out as its supposed to have a 10 year warranty so long as you have it serviced at Toyota dealer.

What are peoples thoughts?

These are the write ups I have seen.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
It's a rebadged Fiat, made in the Fiat factory. So I don't see how putting a Toyota badge on it will make it more reliable.

But then a warranty is just an insurance policy. After market ones are quiet literally insurance. So all Toyota will be doing is including the premium in with the annual service cost.

Fiat Ducatos have no issues lasting 10 years. So it's not unreasonable.

EML

Sep 18, 2018
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
15 years
It's a rebadged Fiat, made in the Fiat factory. So I don't see how putting a Toyota badge on it will make it more reliable.
"In the Fiat factory"? Isn't that a bit unfair? I personally would never buy anything made in a Fiat factory, since my last Fiat fell to bits. I think Stellantis is more Peugeot than Fiat. Some googling shows that the van will be made in Poland and the Sevel plant in Italy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
"In the Fiat factory"? Isn't that a bit unfair? I personally would never buy anything made in a Fiat factory, since my last Fiat fell to bits. I think Stellantis is more Peugeot than Fiat. Some googling shows that the van will be made in Poland and the Sevel plant in Italy.
I've always thought the Sevel factory as a Fiat spin-off. It's Italian. And the French badged models were only the base vans. The heavy vans with higher spec and auto boxes had to be Fiat with an Iveco engine. It does look like they're moving more towards PSA engines and gearboxes though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back