Towbar fitting question Ducato 2003 model. (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
When fitting a towbar to the 2003 Ducato. Where about on the Ducato does the trailer electrics connect to.

The reason I ask is I am probably getting a trailer and having a towbar fitted. However my vehicle is a self build and there is a bulkhead directly behind the back doors which makes access to the back of where the lights are fitted nigh on impossible.

Is there a connector somewhere underneath the van the towbar electrics goes to? Or does the fitter need to run long cable to the engine bay area? Or does it get patched into the rear lights directly?

I don't believe the 2003 model has canbus.

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
When fitting a towbar to the 2003 Ducato. Where about on the Ducato does the trailer electrics connect to.

The reason I ask is I am probably getting a trailer and having a towbar fitted. However my vehicle is a self build and there is a bulkhead directly behind the back doors which makes access to the back of where the lights are fitted nigh on impossible.

Is there a connector somewhere underneath the van the towbar electrics goes to? Or does the fitter need to run long cable to the engine bay area? Or does it get patched into the rear lights directly?

I don't believe the 2003 model has canbus.

Thanks in advance for any advice :)
Patched in, in every one I've had(y)

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Patched in, in every one I've had(y)
every towbar i have fitted or already fitted has been patched in normaly behind one of the rear light unit,but saying that i know some mercs have a plug.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back