Tow car's (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Am considering getting an A Frame towcar.

I will have to advise the insurers about the modifications to the car, but my question's are....Has anybody had problems getting inusrance for a tow car? Uplift in premium due to it being modified?

Thanks

Korgrocker

Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 285 - 2018
Exp
Since 2013
I just had to tell them it will be towed with an A-frame from time to time. The brokers I have dealt with referred it to the insurers' underwriters but I've not had any problems. I started to tell them about the other modifications but they said that if the components could be removed then they weren't interested. Currently with Saga, but before with Privilege. No premium uplifts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We have a Towbars2Towcars Peugeot 108, it is not really modified as all the original stays, but the electronics etc are an addition.
Our insurers (NFU) were notified and were perfectly happy.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We have insured our toad with NFU and now with LV.
I always insist they note that it’s an a frame attachment at the front of the car for the car to be towed as they only have towbar on their computer systems, also that fully complies is not affected , don’t want any confusion, and there has never been any additional premium.

OP
OP
jdk62
Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Have just spoken with my current car insurer - LV. They do a multi car policy and have quoted me £48 for the additonal car (Skoda CityGo) to be added up to the renewal date of my policy (Oct 2019). Explained it would be towed...no problem..

(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back