Tour de France (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
A few weeks ago people were asking which is the best TDF programme. Well the 2017 one is now out. I would suggest this the BEST with ALL the details you ever need for planning. It is the premium edition and costs £14.99 and worth every penny. If you buy it from Smiths you will get a free High 5 bottle and gels etc.

Hope this helps and look forward to meeting some of you on the route, look out for the Devon Flag and the MHF flag.

Colyboy

Attachments

• IMG_1650.JPG
    IMG_1650.JPG
    276.6 KB · Views: 40
Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
A few weeks ago people were asking which is the best TDF programme. Well the 2017 one is now out. I would suggest this the BEST with ALL the details you ever need for planning. It is the premium edition and costs £14.99 and worth every penny. If you buy it from Smiths you will get a free High 5 bottle and gels etc.

Hope this helps and look forward to meeting some of you on the route, look out for the Devon Flag and the MHF flag.

Colyboy
which stages are you hoping to see Colyboy or is that a :lipssealed::lipssealed:

OP
OP
colyboy
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
The plan is, as high as we get on the mountains but are of course could and will probably change, we play it by ear and heart.

15 July near the finish (about 5k from finish) at Rodez
16 July some where on a hill or better still a mountain
17 July rest day for riders!
18 July miss that stage and go onto ;-
19 July some where on a hill or mountain
20 July As near as the Izoard we can get
21 July Somewhere on the course fairly flat
22 July May go and look at the tt at Marseille
23 July On to one of favourite "aires"/beach at Bonne Terrasse nr Ramatuelle

Look out for the Devon + MHF flags

colyboy

But things could change!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
15 July near the finish (about 5k from finish) at Rodez
16 July some where
17 July rest day for riders!
18 July miss that stage and go onto ;-
19 July some where
20 July As near as the Izoard we can get
21 July
were hoping to get parked somewhere near or at Col de Peyra Taillade 16/7
" Col du Vars 20/7
were also doing Col d'Agnes in the Pyrenees 14/7
did think about Col Du Galibier on the 19/7 but I reckon that that will be near impossible considering its one of the highest stages and everybody and there brother will be there days in advance

Last edited:

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
OK so our plan is done although yet to be approved by the boss:

IMG_5553.jpg

Sunday 9th to watch the start of stage 9 in Nantua (sounds like a hard stage with early mountains)

Then over to Îl de Ré for a week

On the way back stop over in Polignac to catch the finish of stage 15 on Sunday 16th

Spray chalk is ordered and on it's way for the children to decorate the road (£5 from eBay)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I m a little gutted this year as my Deputy has interrupted TDF possibilities. I cant get over til the 15th early morning having just done a 12 hour night shift so the 16th is going to take some doing from Calais.
I took a look at the Marseilles TT but have decided against it as I think it is a 22km race but only 13km of road as they go both ways.
With that amount of road, the amount of TDF followers and then add the residents of Marseilles on top of normal holiday makers I reckon that's going to be 10-15 deep all the way round, unless they put up seating all the way round the course.
I have to head to Bordeaux to fly back for a bit so looks like I m dipping out this year.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back