Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
We're looking at parking up a couple of days in advance and watching stage five,
Vittel / La planche des belles filles 160KM. Does any one know when the route will be published. I've checked on the Le Tour site and while it gives the start and end points it does not show on a map the actual route.

What I'd like to do is to go on Google Maps/ earth and select a parking place for us, as we will probably arrive at least a day if not two before the race comes through

Thanks

Alistair

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
It is coming out soon. Cant remember if it is the end of March or not. Plenty of decent aires or lakes to stop at if not doing a col. Frromey won this finish before but cant remember when. Might be worth having a look back at his stage wins and seeing if the route he won on is 160 kms. As its 160kms unless they have advertised the villages they are going through (dont think so) then its all guesswork at the moment. If you check out Vesoul on the map you will see a small town called Pusey with a huge out of town E leclerc or carrefour. A couple of miles from there is a lake. Do to the western end of this lake away from the more used aire and there is a fantastic aire right on the waters front with free outside showers and a cycle way round the lake with water eagles flying round it all day. Could eb a good "Get out of the le tour" base !

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Many thanks, that's a fantastic amount of the exact information I was looking for !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Refreshing this thread .... perhaps I'm missing something but I still can not find the exact route of the Tour, anyone point me in the right direction ?

Surely by now it must be out !

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Thanks, but that is the overview that has been out for a long time, what I'm looking for is the detail .... which exact roads so I can use google to find a place to park up

Jun 18, 2012
Preston
Funster No
MH
Grandad's Camper-CPC
Exp
Since 2012
Alistair, the exact route will not be announced until May. If it follows the normal pattern.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Might be worth hooking up with @Jonsdad who will be following tour and might have some inside info ;)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Smith's will be selling the FULL race programme/route which includes km x km and minute x minute details of the whole race. There will be a couple race programme coming out. BUT Can I suggest you buy the one that normally comes in a yellow box which includes race programme,full size map of France (with the the course marked on it and the map is to use at any time) The yellow box is normally priced about £10 £12 worth every penny. Again normally available in May. We have been to the finish at La Planche Des Belles Filles several times. You will not be allowed to drive up the last mountain, but if you arrive a couple days before find a parking place in the village at the bottom . No need to look for an Aire just park on the side of the road ( so long as your wheels are off the road the police not bother you) You will see hundreds of MH's parked up . Squeeze in where you can!! If the race is due to finish 4pm'ish make your way up the mountain in the morning, don't forget the sun cream and plenty to drink, enjoy the day I know you will. I am and others will be looking out for the programme and I or some one else will let you know it"s out.

Colyboy

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Normally the detailed route is out after the Giro, so in 2wks but certainly before end of June.

We'll be there cheering on Mr Yates, just not sure where as yet.....

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
I'll be in the Pyrenees flags a flying and this year with a motorhomefun one as well. Clive

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Neil S. Can I suggest you don't buy the basic race programme. Buy the one priced at £14.99 in the yellow box it will give you ALL the info will ever need for TDF, due out 27/28th May

colyboy

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Must admit that I've never bought any of these guides as I've always been able to find out all i needed on the internet.

What do they contain beyond the public info ? happy to buy one if it brings some value.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We've tried to plan parking spots for the TDF in advance before without much luck. It's impossible to take into account viewing angles, how level the ground is, exactly what will be allowed etc.

We've found the best thing to do is get the online info from the official website to do the high level planning. Then if you're there a couple of days in advance you can get all the latest detailed route and timing info from the local tourist info office. This can have often have changed from earlier publications, especially if you're aiming to be near the end of the stage.They will know exactly where things will be set up.

You'll then have plenty of time to drive up and down the best bits and find a good spot. For the most popular climbs there will be people there 4-5-6 days ahead in their favourite spots so something you've seen online may well have already gone, but there will always be plenty of other options.

Hope you have a great time!

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
On a side note the Criterium de Dauphine starts this sunday and all the top riders will be taking part.

It goes up the famous Alpe D'Huez on Sat June 10th. If I wasn't going to Germany on the 22nd I would have went down for that. Much easier to get up there on that day than the Tour De France

Jun 18, 2012
Preston
Funster No
MH
Grandad's Camper-CPC
Exp
Since 2012
Yes, but there is so much more information regarding roads and times in the mag.

IMG_20170601_100801926.jpg

They will be available online eventually.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back