Touch up paint??? (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I have a Carthago Chic with the grey sides.
There are a few small chips that are driving me mad so need attention.
Does anyone know of a suitable touch up paint that matches the light grey. Dealers don't know.

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
Car accessory shop something like a light grey primer then clear lacquer coat.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
wiljoy
I am having the same problem. The aluminium side skirts that are a cream off white on ours the colour codes are not listed on the Carthago parts system according to our dealer.
I am hoping that a good bodyshop will be able to match it somehow, and mix me up some in a rattle tin.
I was watching the "Wheeler Dealers" programme and the guy matched up some BMC Green paint in that way, he said the cost of the rattle tin was £17 from memory.
Try Chips away, I think they colour match and mix, as thats their role in repairing small areas.
It will have to wait until summer though.
Good luck.
LES

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
LKQ offer a paint matching service by using a spectrometer,( other companies are available.) Google to find your nearest branch, check that branch offers the service then take your van there ( or a removable panel like a fuel flap) and get your colour matched. Once the paint is made they can supply it in a can or as a aerosol.
Mobile painters like Chips away match colours by reading the paint code that is usually on a vehicle, with motorhomes and some motorbikes the manufacturers choose not to tell us what colours they have used, so a spectrometer is the most accurate way of identifying a colour.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back