Sep 20, 2014
Luton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
8 years
Good evening
I am having trouble with Tom Tom taking me off main roads on to B roads then a couple of miles down the road we rejoin the main road
I have settings set at quickest not ( shortest )
And the details of my van set to
9 metre long 3metre wide so I thought it would not take me down country lanes. But it still does
Any help would be very much appreciated

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
Are you not setting it to camper heavy, that stops the shortcuts down silly lanes, we just ignore it if it does do this on accasions, you will nearly allways find a bigger road at the next junction
I always check the route against another route planner, google street view is your friend here.
But just because it might show the route being a B road, some of those are wider than some A roads we’ve been down

Upvote 0
Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
I went to York rowntree , there's flood defence work going on and the races were on so some roads closed , satnav sent me down a street with cars parked either side , it was tight , very tight , I did have a cyclist stuck behind me all the way though so not all bad :D

None of the satnavs are foolproof , is there an unclassified road setting you can turn off

Upvote 0
Feb 15, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer T class
Exp
Looking to buy either Tom Tom Go Camper Tour or Tom Tom Go Camper Max - - - £100 difference in price
Can you tell me which one you having trouble with - like said earlier no Sat Nav is foolproof - - but before I buy either would like some advise please. Brought a NavPal few weeks ago - find in slow so will be getting rid

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back