Toilet hatch door in a fiat / Peugeot/Citroen van | MotorhomeFun | The Motorhome Support and Social Network

Toilet hatch door in a fiat / Peugeot/Citroen van

Jul 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
not yet
Exp
did loads back in the 90s
Hi,
has any one put a Thetford C223 with shower tray in a fiat / Peugeot/Citroen van? My plan is to have it just before the wheel arch. . will i have to higher the shower tray / toilet? I don't want to cut into the plastic side trim for the hatch on the out side
Thanks
Billy

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato PVC
Exp
There is quite a deep cutout in the side trim to accommodate the thetford toilet door in my Ducato. The toilet and shower are a combined area. I think you would have to raise the floor too much to avoid the cutout.
My head already virtually touches the ceiling of the washroom.

OP
Billy192
Jul 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
not yet
Exp
My floor is made up of 50mm insulation and 12mm ply and my toilet sits on it and the outside hatch is just above the trim.
View attachment 434148
Thanks Mikeco,
that makes sense, my floor is 25mm insulation and 12mm ply so i may have to lift the shower tray by 15mm. does it have to go tall way up ? could it not go long side horizontal? like the one on possel?

Billy

OP
Billy192
Jul 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
not yet
Exp
You made me look back at some photos, I can see there there maybe 2 sizes of door. I tried to put a photo of mine rectangular (IH) next another square (Pössl) ?
View attachment 434168
Thanks Riverbankannie,
possel picture is the door I have. it would be great if i can fit like that pic
Billy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravan for 25 years then cottages and B&Bs for 15 before finally taking the plunge with PVC
Hi,
has any one put a Thetford C223 with shower tray in a fiat / Peugeot/Citroen van? My plan is to have it just before the wheel arch. . will i have to higher the shower tray / toilet? I don't want to cut into the plastic side trim for the hatch on the out side
Thanks
Billy
Yes and yes had to cut into plastic trim see photo. If you raise the unit up to save the trim, you will find that you may have a step up into the shower tray.
if you do cut into the trim make sure you sikaflex around the door frame and the joint between the door frame and the plastic trim and drill 2 or 3 drain holes at the bottom of the trim under the door frame just in case you get water getting behind the trim.
9B1B4301-F765-4931-9E06-CF8793A4C1D3.jpeg
you will find that the support pillars inside the van will dictate where you fit the toilet as you need to have a clear gap to cut for the door.

Attachments

Last edited:
West Country Motorhomes
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Rhino Installs