Tire Pressure Control Unit (TPM) - Missing message? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1995 + 20Yrs a 'Tugger' first.
In France and the Tyre icon has just come up on the dash. Stopped and checked pressures - all 5lbs up from cold pressures, as expected.
Pulled out laptop and fired up elderly version of Multicuscan. The above title was shown after a scan. F10 to clear errors with no luck. Will just carry on carefully - polished my St Christopher and hope for the best?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I had similar problem on my 2020 Fiat although I think chassis is 2019, the module wouldn’t talk to any of the TPM’s. Local garage plus tyre company tried with no success so had to take it to Motus commercial in Glasgow, they fitted a new module but still couldn’t get them to communicate. They had to call Fiat several times for assistance, according to the garage Fiat were useless so had to work most out themselves.

First thing I’d do is have a look at the module which is on the front cross member, just Incase a cable has come loose. If not you could try changing it but at the cost of £100 you need to make sure that’s the issue, once fitted you need to connect it to all four TPM sensors.

I had to get mine done as it was going for first MOT and the light on is a failure, if you can turn the light off then that’s what I’d do and save money and time.

When I went to collect my van after being in garage for 5 days I was told they had good news and bad news, good news it’s fixed and passed MOT. The bad news it took 13 hours at £100ph plus parts, after I got back off the floor the service manager told me they were embarrassed it took so long and as Fiat have it down as a 2-3 hour job then that’s what they would charge me so came to nearly £500 including mot and parts.

OP
OP
Driventemple
Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
More information:
I dropped the tyre pressure point on the TPM using Multicuscan a couple years ago because the Agilis tyres at 79psi was awful and I would run them at 65psi.
About 1000 miles ago I changed the tyres to van tyres and now am running 60 front and 65 rear - lovely ride. This latest fault only occured today. Oh, and now the odometer is flashing as I drive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 15, 2023
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Feb 2023
More information:
I dropped the tyre pressure point on the TPM using Multicuscan a couple years ago because the Agilis tyres at 79psi was awful and I would run them at 65psi.
About 1000 miles ago I changed the tyres to van tyres and now am running 60 front and 65 rear - lovely ride. This latest fault only occured today. Oh, and now the odometer is flashing as I drive.
Oh, and now the odometer is flashing as I drive !!! Is that a sign of a module being faulty?
Just sorted mine at the weekend first time ive done this kind of thing :unsure::eek: Also switched from psi to bar and fault cleared with pressure settings that I wanted. It has a comment about millibar before you excute the alteration? Peugeot Boxer 2019 Alko AMC...

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
More information:

Forgot to mention I also had the flashing odometer

OP
OP
Driventemple
Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Yes, it means I require a Proxi Alignment!
Not sure if I want to perform that procedure whilst away🙄

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Yes, it means I require a Proxi Alignment!
Not sure if I want to perform that procedure whilst away🙄

If it wasn’t for the van going for its 1st mot I wouldn’t have bothered, mine went wonky a month after warranty was up and stayed like that for 9 months until mot time so I assume yours will be fine to get home.

Jul 15, 2023
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Feb 2023
This was baileys helpful aftercare:rolleyes:

I can confirm that these are the Type Approved Tyre Pressures as stated in the handbook of the vehicle. The brand of tyres is not considered when working out the tyre pressures.
I can only advise that the below tyre pressures are adhered to, as this is how the cab of the Motorhome has been set up to receive.
I hope this provides clarification.

OP
OP
Driventemple
Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
This was baileys helpful aftercare:rolleyes:

I can confirm that these are the Type Approved Tyre Pressures as stated in the handbook of the vehicle.
I can undersyand Michelin's view on tyres standing for long periods, but to then to combat this problem by using very high pressures is rediculous. I intend to put my van on axle stands over the 4 months in winter when not used.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back