Time for new vehicle battery (1 Viewer)

May 14, 2020
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis autoquest 100
Exp
Im a newbie
I will be replacing the vehicle battery in our Elddis autoquest shortly (uncertain age and not holding charge) and am thinking of using a memory saver to keep radio/clock settings etc. I dont have a spare battery so am thinking of using the leisure battery as backup for the memory saver - has anyone done this? Is it likely to cause any problem? I have got the radio code and have no problem resetting the clock so not a major issue. Thanks in advance for replies.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
I can't think of any problems apart from the obvious one - don't start the engine until you've removed any links to the leisure battery.

Upvote 0

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Remember that the cab battery positive connection will be live...so make sure it does touch anything

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Splasher6
May 14, 2020
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis autoquest 100
Exp
Im a newbie
Thanks for your replies- couple more questions. Is the cab + live because of the connection to the leisure battery? On my battery, there are about 3 positives on the cab battery + (weve got leisure battery and solar panel )
Do i need to disconnect the leisure battery before changing the cab battery?

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
You don't have to disconnect anything BUT make sure the battery Pos clamp cant/doesn't touch anything metal just in case the solar also charges the starter battery.
If you have the radio code I can't see the point in linking hab battery to vehicle electrics.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back