Time for a Globecar

Discussion in 'Globecar' started by Blue Knight, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Stroppy Bird

Stroppy Bird Funster

Ratings:
    +827
    Do you know if it still needs the recommended ambient temp of 16 degrees for the freezer to work properly? I think this is my big concern at the moment (along with power requirements - but I'm hoping to hear how you fare on that aspect too).

2. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +29,642
    Relevant info from the booklet below, I'll report how we get on with it in due course:

IMG_20181108_194113[1].jpg

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Blue Knight

Blue Knight Funster

Ratings:
    +2,704
    Team,

I'm getting the impression that all D-Line Globecars are equipped with the Schaudt EBL119 while all H-Line vans come with the CBE BUS system.

Hi Karen @Wombles, are you able to check your H-Line Summit and see if you've got the CBE system; if so my then my theory may be correct.

Different factories, different gear.

4. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +29,642
    I've just dug out the old fridge booklet and the new freezer is 6.4L whereas the old one was 6.5L so we've 'lost' 100ml of space ... equivalent to a few slices of cooked ham ... not a bad exchange for getting a properly insulated freezer! :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Ratings:
    +5,103
    Hi - can't check the Summit tonight but our manuals are for the CBE 510/516. It says it's suitable for lead acid, AGM & gel batteries in the manual as it has a three position switch. We understand that H Lines are different from D Lines & they are produced in a separate Poessl factory so not on production lines at Dethleffs.

• Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  6. Blue Knight

Blue Knight Funster

Ratings:
    +2,704
    Fantastic, that's it then Karen; all H-Line vans including the Summit pair are produced with the CBE BUS system instead of the Schaudt unit.:)

• Like it Like it x 1
  7. jezport

jezport Funster

Ratings:
    +2,981
    Yes but compare that to the 12 litres in my 3 way fridge and its a big difference.

8. jezport

jezport Funster

Ratings:
    +2,981
    Its like going back to the 60s when fridges just had a tiny corner freezer. I didnt spend the money did on a new van to get an archaic freezer! They should fit proper ones, not toys.

9. Blue Knight

Blue Knight Funster

Ratings:
    +2,704
    Some of the fridge sizes on PVCs are truly shocking. The pic below is of the fridge in a Hymer car Ayres Rock with only a handful of litres in capacity.

It's the grey door on the end which on first examination we believed it to be the dustbin for the van.:whistle:

Ayers-Rock-11-e1535032586174.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. jezport

jezport Funster

Ratings:
    +2,981
    Thats why after our first look we said no to the Hymer.

They can tell you all the bull that they want but its down to money, small fridge is cheaper, compressor fridge is cheaper as no vents and no gas work is needed.

11. Blue Knight

Blue Knight Funster

Ratings:
    +2,704
    We looked at the Hymer-Merc Grand Canyon 4x4 and in the end we just couldn't come to terms with buying a van where we had to compromise on so many bits.

I can also see your point about the fridge but I have to admit that I've read posts by people who feel thoroughly liberated by having the simplicity of an electric fridge.

I'll tell you what I think in a few months (y)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 6:53 PM
    • Like it Like it x 2
  12. Grianan

Grianan Funster

Ratings:
    +209
    One man’s meat is another man’s poison ... that would be my choice of fridge . It suits our veggie lifestyle, is easy to access and gives a nice open feel to the van.

13. Blue Knight

Blue Knight Funster

Ratings:
    +2,704
    Has your dealer managed to give you an update on your van yet. ;)

14. Grianan

Grianan Funster

Ratings:
    +209
    Sadly not, and I’d be really struggling to pick it up before Christmas now as I teach full time and have something on every weekend.

On a more positive note I was at the Page of the Sea Remembrance event on Ayr beach this morning and met a lovely man with an otter hound. He was saying how he would love a van conversion with a raising bed but didn’t think there was such a thing so would have to have one built. So I was able to point him in the right direction :D.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  15. CazPaul

CazPaul Funster

Ratings:
    +4,765

Wow, what a wait you have had, at least you have plenty to look forward to in 2019.

• Nice One! Nice One! x 3
  16. Blue Knight

Blue Knight Funster

Ratings:
    +2,704
    .......did you tell him to go and buy a Hymercar as he'll have it months before a Globecar order
    :D

I hate to say it but I only started this thread 2-months ago and in 13-days we'll be collecting our new van.

I do hope that you receive some form of sweetener from the dealer for any inconvenience caused.

Good luck,

Andrew