Thule Omnitel safari room. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Richie B

Free Member
Aug 27, 2017
Funster No
Hi all, I'd be grateful if anyone has any experience of the Thule Omnister Safari room.

I have a 4 metre Omniste awning. Do I need to purchase a 4 metre safari room or will the 3 metre fit and just drops down off the awning?

Thanks in advance.

RB

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
Whichever one you buy, you'll probably want to sell it after a year of non use ;-)

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
Hi all, I'd be grateful if anyone has any experience of the Thule Omnister Safari room.

I have a 4 metre Omniste awning. Do I need to purchase a 4 metre safari room or will the 3 metre fit and just drops down off the awning?

Thanks in advance.

RB
The size is the width of your wind out awning that you slide the Safari Room into. If you buy a 3 metre one it won’t meet up at the corners as the safari room sides fit into the side of your wide out. Hope that makes sense....

Deleted User

Thanks in advance.

RB

I think the solid fittings for the side panels clip onto the edges of the awning so the right length would be needed.

I have an Omnistore safari room that I have adapted to fit under a sun canopy on an American 5'er and that came with very substantial aluminium rails to connect the side panels to the awning, when used on the correct Omnistore awning the result would have been a very solid construction, not something that I would want to tour with though, especially if worried about payload.

Erection instructions and videos can be found online if you want to check.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
As said it is the width that is defined, but also watch out the pull out length can vary our new one is bigger than the one it replaced but I can’t now recall the measurements it is now either 2.5m or 3m but I guess you could part unwind it as the room beans take over the tensioning

We have and regularly use our safari room, we also soften only fit the sides and have also left out just one of the front panels as a permanent door but still providing much more fraught protection than without it (y)

That would be what you would end up with, a permanent 1m doorway either to one side or the other or in the middle

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back