Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 4, 2008
Churston Ferrers Brixham
Funster No
MH
A & c class, now PVC
Exp
Since 2002
im thinking of getting Three 100gb sim with free calls & text for £20 pm can anyone tell me if you have one are you restricted re using your Data when away from home ie Europe or shall I stick to buying Data only sims with no limit on use
Pleased to have your thoughts on the subject

John

chrisinplymouth

Free Member
Aug 11, 2013
Plymouth UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2015
Don’t know about 3 but vodaphone do exactly the same deal. You can use all your data abroad but only for 2 months in 4. Most others have that limitation I think. You can also use the sim in a mifi box and just ignore the phone text element.

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Hi John..Dont know if this helps or hinders you but..my son made enquiries regarding the 100 gb Three package deal and after discussing it with them for a while , decided that he would call back at a later date if he was interested. His Home line has been bombarded with Three mobile accounts saying he has a problem with his account and that he should contact them ASAP . He has not got an account with them??
Be wary of where you sign up!!

Kev

OP
OP
Warty
Jan 4, 2008
Churston Ferrers Brixham
Funster No
MH
A & c class, now PVC
Exp
Since 2002
Thanks Chris I should of said I us a three mifi and only use it when away so only need Data when away I buy 2x24gb data sims have been doing that for years but they are getting expensive so thought I might try the other option but I think I have read some funsters reporting they have not been able to use all the data when they want and are cup off at about 19gb

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk Riviera
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
I was in touch with Three earlier this morning about the same subject. They told me that the data is restricted to 19GB per month when roaming, however there is no restriction on the "Endless Bingeing" which includes Netflix, TV player, apple music etc and is not taken from your 100GB data allowance.

Pete

OP
OP
Warty
Jan 4, 2008
Churston Ferrers Brixham
Funster No
MH
A & c class, now PVC
Exp
Since 2002
Thanks Kev I am away at mo in France and contacted Three direct they said they would rind me back the next day to discuss what I needed but guess what no call

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk Riviera
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Hello Pete what was your thoughts on the subject and did you go for it

Hi John, they also told me that it can be used in a MiFi, down side is that you have to sign up for a 12 month contract, but I reckon i'll go for it.

Pete

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
IMO it all depends on how much data you use. I use the 24gb/24 month 3 PAYG cards but only need them when I'm away. Just coming to the end of a 3 month trip in Europe and have never had a problem, except when the old card expired (to the minute, I kept a note!). These are more than enough as I don't stream TV or films, maybe a few hours of Radio 2 if we're feeling a bit homesick!

To me a monthly contract is a waste of money because I'd never use that much data - cheaper for me to use the PAYG cards.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Limited to 19Gb per month abroad, and only 3G. Vodafone is same price no limit aboard and 4G.

Deleted User
Vodafone 100 Gb for £20 a month offer has now finished.

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Another vote for Vodafone. We've not had an problems or experienced data restrictions anywhere in Europe. The only issue was coverage was poor along the Mosel but fine everywhere else from Portugal to the toe of Italy and Sicily.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
It is also worth noting that hidden away in Vodafone T& C's for contracts is a clause stating that the price goes up by the rate of inflation every April.

It is not a lot of money but I was displeased,to say the least, when I discovered this today and made my displeasure known to them.

OP
OP
Warty
Jan 4, 2008
Churston Ferrers Brixham
Funster No
MH
A & c class, now PVC
Exp
Since 2002
Hello all
We have used Three Data sim for a few years and never had a problem with them (24gb)
, so in conclusion I will stay with what I am happy with .
Thank you all for all your input
Ps glad we are a member of Fun

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back