LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Our new camper (Hymercar) has a Thitronic alarm installed, as far as I can see it is a German manufacturer. In all of my previous vans, I have had a strikeback system fitted by @eddievanbitz . Has anyone any experience of this system? Anyone know if this is fitted by Hymer at the factory. I'm undecided as to whether to get this one removed and have a strikeback fitted.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Ive heard the hymer alarm is very good.
Does your insurers accept it??

May 29, 2020
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since March 2024
Hi, have you gone with the Thitronik system? It is the default alarm on the campervan I’m looking at and would welcome any feedback from UK users. My concern is that they don’t appear to have any UK based agents.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi, have you gone with the Thitronik system? It is the default alarm on the campervan I’m looking at and would welcome any feedback from UK users. My concern is that they don’t appear to have any UK based agents.
There are no UK agents, but you can buy all of the range on eBay if you needed replacement parts

May 29, 2020
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since March 2024
Thanks eddievanbitz
I had a chat with Thitronik at their stall here in Düsseldorf (and got a nice goodie bag!). The reason they don’t have any UK agents is that they don’t believe in inside movement sensors that British insurers insist on, therefore Thitronik is not Thatcham Approved. They said that if I had a Bear Lock fitted to the gearbox in conjunction with a Thitronik alarm, this may be approved with some British insurers.
What would you suggest if I ordered the van without any factory fitted security system?

OP
OP
golly

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I had the Thitronic alarm removed and a strikeback alarm fitted, The Thitronic was not approved by my insurance co.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back