LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Ah Jock but when you are out and Rita home with heating on sky high, you won't be able to turn it down.😭😭😭 Cheers Smudger55
Ahh, but I did have a wireless room thermostat fitted Smudger, thereby allowing me to take it with me (if I wanted to), after setting the temperature. :LOL:
It's just not the Hive system with the App. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. ;)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Ahh, but I did have a wireless room thermostat fitted Smudger, thereby allowing me to take it with me (if I wanted to), after setting the temperature. :LOL:
It's just not the Hive system with the App. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. ;)
... that'll work until she realises and thinks it's been lost so buys another ... :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
New braided Gaslow pipes and leak detector. :unsure:

New pipe was not needed as the present one still has a couple of year to run BUT the detector did find a leak where one of the pipes joined the regulator. Now tightened and the smell has gone. :Grin:

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Bought the socket Tuesday from screwfix and fitted it Wednesday, I’m pleased with the result. No idea why I have not done this before at some point in the last 10 years 😜
Did you install it or did a qualified electrician? If you did it you will probably need to get a qualified electrician to check and sign off the work because it is outside of the house. The latest IEE Regs, which form part of the Building Regs, are becoming more and more strict on DIY wiring. Probably won't be a problem in practice until you come to sell the house.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
bought a new potato peeler and pastry brush to replace the ones I lost at a campsite in Italy

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Did you install it or did a qualified electrician? If you did it you will probably need to get a qualified electrician to check and sign off the work because it is outside of the house. The latest IEE Regs, which form part of the Building Regs, are becoming more and more strict on DIY wiring. Probably won't be a problem in practice until you come to sell the house.
peterc10 I understand if it is connected by a plug, the way I did it, rather direct through a fused spur or into the fuse box a competent person is okay. I think the outside socket aspect has now been dropped in the regs.

I wouldn’t want to not be able to turn it off whilst away touring so felt this was the best way for me personally rather than running the cable under the garage door and into a trailing socket adaptor for a 13A socket that you buy. It’s just like pluging an extension lead in with the socket fixed to the wall.

Please advise me if my understanding is wrong & I can get it checked by an electrician 😊

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
@peter10 I understand if it is connected by a plug, the way I did it, rather direct through a fused spur or into the fuse box a competent person is okay.

I wouldn’t want to not be able to turn it off whilst away touring so felt this was the best way for me personally rather than running the cable under the garage door and into a trailing socket adaptor for a 13A socket that you buy. It’s just like pluging an extension lead in with the socket fixed to the wall.

Please advise me if my understanding is wrong. 😊
I do not know the IEE regs well enough to give you an answer. Probably best to phone up an electrician and ask. You don't have to tell him you have actually done it ................... just asking for friend .

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
A new recon kit for my front brakes from Coastal, new sliders, pins and bellows. Now ready for anything! :giggle:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
peterc10 I understand if it is connected by a plug, the way I did it, rather direct through a fused spur or into the fuse box a competent person is okay. I think the outside socket aspect has now been dropped in the regs.

Please advise me if my understanding is wrong & I can get it checked by an electrician 😊
In effect you have just installed an 'extension cable' that is plugged into a 13a socket so I can't see any reason why it would need an electrician to be involved.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
2 rear indicator bulbs , orange ones and another wiper blade as there appears to be a fault on the last one

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I believe existing installations are exempt, who's to know the date when it was installed ?
(even though this one is excempt for other reasons)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Tickets to see Tubular Bells bring performed live at the Manchester Palace in March next year.
Is it Mike Oldfield performing ?
I loved TB's in the 70's until I had a girlfriend who insisted on listening to it at every opportunity.
It put me off the music and her eventually :rofl:
One of the newspapers, D Mail I think, was giving away a copy of the full album on CD a few years ago.
I got a copy but never played it.
I think I'll dig it out for a listen tomorrow

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

• awg
Back