20210130_133707.jpg

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
My first bike was a Triumph Speed Twin (app '48 vintage) .. I bought it as a complete basket case for Ā£4, but the tank was away being painted.
Anyway, I got it all back together before the tank came back and being eager to have a go I pushed a funnel through the lugs on the frame with a rubber tube to the carb.
It worked just fine, riding it around the Kentish lanes with a mate on the back carrying a 1 gallon petrol can. On my command he would lean round me and pour more fuel into the funnel. :doh: ... great days.šŸ‘
Love the old bike story's. I am sure i could wright a book of what we used to get up to in the early 60s bike related. Don't think i could be charged now:giggler: statute of limitations and all that s--te

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Two new front wiper blades for our Dacia Logan MCV.. Had it from new 2016 and since then, it has cost us a FORTUNE.... First..Last year a new Battery and now THESE.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y);) Love it really.(y)
Tea Bag

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Hi.
Two new front wiper blades for our Dacia Logan MCV.. Had it from new 2016 and since then, it has cost us a FORTUNE.... First..Last year a new Battery and now THESE.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y);) Love it really.(y)
Tea Bag
You must be due some compensation as itā€™s clearly not fit for purpose...šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Have one for me Paul. How are you and Kate?
John.
We are fine mate. Kates been working from home since last March. I don't know how she's coped tbh. I'm a bit more lucky as I've worked in the office/factory all the way through.
Downsized the mh to a pvc which we can't wait to use oh and the beer machine.
How are you and the lovely Pat doing.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Weā€™re just fine Paul had our first jabs last week, I saw your thread on your downsize and it looks a lovely van.
Look after yourselves and be safe.
John.

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Weā€™re just fine Paul had our first jabs last week, I saw your thread on your downsize and it looks a lovely van.
Look after yourselves and be safe.
John.
You too pal
Catch up soon when this crap is all over

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
A 65 inch tv for the final phase of project: 'musical televisions' - which started late last year....

The graphics on the motorbike racing get more complex every year, so I need a bigger TV to be able to read them! (and before anyone suggest it, yes I do get an eye test every year and that normally results in new glasses šŸ™‚)

As I get a bigger TV for the living room, I need to find a way of putting the current living room TV in the master bedroom, the current master bedroom TV in the study, the current study TV in the guest bedroom, etc, etc - hence project: 'musical televisions' šŸ™‚

When it's delivered, I'm gonna have to get a neighbour to get PPE'd to help me get it on the wall!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
A mobile phone Three sim including unlimited texts & calls and 8gb of data (not that she'll use any data!), 12 month contract, by the time it was sorted the cost came down to Ā£3.25 a month! :giggle:
  • Got hubby to recommend me to 'Top Cashback' (TCB) this gives me a joining bonus of Ā£5 and if I get more than Ā£10 in cashback by purchasing other stuff he'll then get a Ā£20 referral bonus in due course.
  • On TCB located the Fonehouse link which gives Ā£4 cashback for sim only deals
  • Used the link to go to Fonehouse site (turning off ad-blocker etc so Ā£4 cashback was tracked)
  • On Fonehouse located the Three sim offer for unlimited calls & texts and 8gb data for Ā£8 pcm (12 months) dropping to Ā£4 after cashback by redemption
  • Purchased the sim and put in bank details etc
The cost works out thus:

Ā£96 Full cost
Ā£48 Less cashback by redemption benefit (obviously only if I do it which I will!)
Ā£48 Balance owning
Ā£ 5 Less TCB new member bonus
Ā£ 4 Less TCB deal cashback
Ā£39 Balance owing for 12 month contract
equates to Ā£3.25 pcm!

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
Hi.
Tea Bag
Good choice of car, real value for money. Iser the new Dacia Sandero is getting top marks from all the motor magsšŸ‘šŸ‘

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Set of piston rings, gasket set and 2 x crank case seals for a Yamaha SA50 ( or racing ped as it is and has been for the past 20 years !! )

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
With hopeful optimism for use this summer, a sun screen which fits in the c groove on the F45s, so as to increase the shade area/privacy. Ordered it 6 days ago from Obelink in Holland, and it arrived this morning. (Obelink All Weather Front voorwand 240)

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
I celebrated my first pension day early by buying a couple of bits for the workshop.
I bought another mag base dial gauge stand and dial gauge. More cutting oil and some decent hand cleaner.
Nothing special but I have more bits on the list. Buying workshop things in stages dosnt make me feel guilty.

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Whilst in Lidl getting milk that management forgot yesterday. I had a look at the set of mole grips, some one mentioned them. There was also a magnetic tool rail so I bought them both.
I have lots of mole grips but my long pointed ones were lethal. The handles were finger trappers so it gave me chance to bin them. The magnetic rail is quite good and gives me some were to put most of my mole grips were I can see them rather than hidden in a drawer.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
icantremember
In the early 60ā€™s I was a member of a ā€œbeat groupā€, (bass guitarist), and a folk singer around the Lake District, together with the beat groupā€™s lead vocalist.

We used to travel to the folk clubs in Keswick, two up on a Lambretta Li150. Brian, on the back, frequently sat backwards on the pillion playing an acoustic guitar while we travelled. No helmets in those days, no drink driving limit. Absolutely crazy...........but great fun.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
icantremember
In the early 60ā€™s I was a member of a ā€œbeat groupā€, (bass guitarist), and a folk singer around the Lake District, together with the best groupā€™s lead vocalist.

We used to travel to the folk clubs in Keswick, two up on a Lambretta Li150. Brian, on the back, frequently sat backwards on the pillion playing an acoustic guitar while we travelled. No helmets in those days, no drink driving limit. Absolutely crazy...........but great fun.
I remember getting stopped by the police riding a RD250 three up to the New Dungeon Gill pub in the lakes, no helmets either, they just told us to take it easy....loved the 80's

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back