Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Mmmm, Heavy Armour, lovely thought Toots but I don't think either of the two we have left in a vaguely operational state would make it under their own steam would they? :(
Couple of old gate guard tanks I can think of...........If pushed!! :(:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
Vote UK to get us out of the EU (started life as the common market ) and when we are out vote for who you really dislike the least !! Do we really think that the rest of Europe will cut off their noses to spite their face and not buy and sell with us ??? Very doubtful..
If we leave the EU we lay ourselves open to a rather unpleasant possibility. Under Wilson discussions occurred, in 1966 and 1967, to make this country the 51st State of America. Even now, without any fanfare and unknown to most citizens, Cameron has signed an agreement to make certain US domestic policy law UK law. For no benefit at all to this country. Like it or not, membership of the EU provides us with a degree of protection from the excesses of our own government. Or would you rather be ruled by Uncle Sam?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Looking at the economics the UK's net contribution to the EU is less than 1% of our GNP. We also pay the smallest proportion of Gross National Income of any EU member. I think this puts it in perspective. There's nothing stopping us trading with the rest of the world now and we do so but Europe is by far our biggest trading partner. If we leave the EU are UKIP so sure the less than 1% we will gain will not be lost through reductions in trade because of tariffs put on our produce?

All the recent fuss over the extra 1.7Bn they want us to pay also needs to be put in perspective - it is a bit over 1.5% of what the NHS costs us. Chicken feed, but unfortunately rationality seems to be the first casualty of this debate.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Whilst our net contribution may be small in real terms compared to our other national costs it is our Britishness/nationalism that is being eroded and passed to unelected Eurocrats. I for one am all in favour of free trade and an European Economic Community but I draw the line when they start to dictate unwelcome bureaucracy. We need to control immigration whether EU related or otherwise. We also need to control benefits in some way to those who have been UK resident for a minimum period of time or who have contributed to Tax and NI before claiming benefit. I am also vehemently against the European Court which seems to be run by Eurocrats rather than professional judges and their decisions seem to be against us always.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back