Maisy

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 27
Exp
since 2016
I read recently that it takes three Motor Homes before you arrive at the right MH to suit your requirements. Our first venture into Motor Homing was when we bought a rather aged Hymer B544. We loved the lay out and it convinced us that we enjoyed the freedom it offered. After 5 years of fixing various problems a replacement was spotted for sale, viewed and purchased. We thought that this MH a 2005 Transit based Chausson Welcome 27 fitted the bill. It had low mileage and was, my husband said great to drive. The condition was very good for it's age, we gained a bigger fridge freezer and a fixed bed and for a time we were very happy. However, after a tortuous year of getting it immatriculated, we live in France, we've come to the decision that we want to return to a smaller A class which we feel suited two older citizens of reduced stature! Will we find our dream machine in number 3?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
'Immatriculated' Good word, always looking for new material for Scrabble :unsure:

Good luck with your search, it can be the fifth or sixth motorhome before you are comfortable. Just remember, they all a compromise in one way or another.

Geoff

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Good luck with getting the next one. Think I’ve been lucky, as did a lot of homework, in which I completely changed my mind on everything I ever wanted in a motorhome and as such, got it right with the first one I ever brought and still have it going strong 👍🏻

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I read recently that it takes three Motor Homes before you arrive at the right MH to suit your requirements. Our first venture into Motor Homing was when we bought a rather aged Hymer B544. We loved the lay out and it convinced us that we enjoyed the freedom it offered. After 5 years of fixing various problems a replacement was spotted for sale, viewed and purchased. We thought that this MH a 2005 Transit based Chausson Welcome 27 fitted the bill. It had low mileage and was, my husband said great to drive. The condition was very good for it's age, we gained a bigger fridge freezer and a fixed bed and for a time we were very happy. However, after a tortuous year of getting it immatriculated, we live in France, we've come to the decision that we want to return to a smaller A class which we feel suited two older citizens of reduced stature! Will we find our dream machine in number 3?

I hope it is not true, because I bought my first one 11 years ago and am still happy with it at age 80 so if I got a second for the same period I would be 91 before I got the third! :LOL:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I hope it is not true, because I bought my first one 11 years ago and am still happy with it at age 80 so if I got a second for the same period I would be 91 before I got the third! :LOL:
Sounds like a target to aim for!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
We had four in four years ... Not our best period, however due to buying and selling at good prices (and the market) we didn't lose any money on any of them when you put all the sales and purchases in one pot.
We are now more than happy in our Moho, even with two single beds that we had avoided from day one of our search!
Layout, layout, layout ...

Likes collected
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
4 in 18 years.

The one we have now is an all we could afford, but brilliant layout with 6 belted seats. But we have been looking for number 5 for a long time. I think number 5 may end up being Spanish registered, if I could find one ! .

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have often thought about the saying it takes three ( :-) )
I reckon its a bit more complex than it suggests
By the third van you are experienced and kinda get used to having the odd thing not quite as perfect as you like..
You get a little more flexible about what is and is not 'perfect' :-)

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
2 in 5 years, love this one but still look.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Our 1st one was perfect at the time had it for 6 years, changed because we fancied an A Class and thought a big garage would be useful. Just ordered our 4th van the same layout as the last two.

OP
OP
Maisy

Maisy

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 27
Exp
since 2016
Thanks everyone who replied to our conundrum! Will sell our Chausson and then keep looking for our next MoHo but must be French plated our nerves/patience couldn't cope with ANTS the French DVLA + it took a year to get French plates on the Chausson!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back