Thinking of Sweden (1 Viewer)

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
We are thinking of Sweden for next year if things calm down, was looking at the Gota canal area to start with as we love cycling along the canals, one thing that puts me off is the price in getting their plus LPG seems very difficult to come buy to fill my Gaslow system.

Can anyone comment on touring Swedens canals and the LPG netwok.

If not Sweden is Germany any good for touring the canals if not where do you suggest we can go in Europe to cycle down the waterways and find aires etc close to the waterways

Thanks

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Havenā€™t done specifically the canal route but if you have time do take the ferry to Gothenburg which is really worth it. Particularly head towards to north of the island - awesome in both landscape and history.

Griffithii

Free Member
Oct 12, 2017
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 638EB
Exp
Two years, 5,000 miles, less than 100 nights
I assume you've done the Canal de Midi in France?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
We were disappointed with the Gota Canal, both for staying and cycling. We moved further north in Sweden but that took us away from waterways.
We enjoyed cycling along the Meuse, in France but close to Belgium. Port in Givet has an aire we liked, right on the river.

Jul 20, 2019
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur LVX855 A
Exp
Since 2001
The Rhine, Moselle and Danube have excellent cycle paths and enough Aires to keep everyone happy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back