Thinking of buying a globecar - hepl! (1 Viewer)

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Did you not fancy advertising your old van privately on here, we may have been interested. Was it a good one, is the freezer compartment just the small half size one?

Yes, regarding the freezer. No. Prefer not to bother, thanks.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I did have a Globecar on my list of possible purchases, specifically because I like the design feature of the shower utilising the corridor... but I did hear rumours that the tray wasn't robust enough & prone to cracking - similar to that suffered by @Minxy Girl.
Now obiviously competitors have a vested interest in suggesting negatives but it did give me pause, as I'm no lightweight.
Also heard was that they were allegedly discontinuing that design feature but apparently not so - though I wonder if that is, at least partially, the reason the Familyscout has been discontinued? Perhaps it wasn't cost effective to make necessary modifications to the shower tray.

I hope you get a satisfactory resolution @Minxy Girl between SMC & Possl/Globecar.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I did have a Globecar on my list of possible purchases, specifically because I like the design feature of the shower utilising the corridor... but I did hear rumours that the tray wasn't robust enough & prone to cracking - similar to that suffered by @Minxy Girl.

Now obiviously competitors have a vested interest in suggesting negatives but it did give me pause, as I'm no lightweight.

Also heard was that they were allegedly discontinuing that design feature but apparently not so - though I wonder if that is, at least partially, the reason the Familyscout has been discontinued? Perhaps it wasn't cost effective to make necessary modifications to the shower tray.

I hope you get a satisfactory resolution @Minxy Girl between SMC & Possl/Globecar.

Thanks - can you point me in the direction of where others have mentioned the cracking tray issue as it will be good info for me to use when I contact SMC when I get home.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Sorry - nothing in writing, just quietly mentioned... I think the last time I heard it was at the NEC, usually in response to my "that looks a briliant idea, why don't xxxx do similar?"
TBH - I can't even remember which dealers - I was checking out quite a few PVC's at the time.

OP
OP
R

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
Hello minxy

Have you got your shower base fixed yet?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hello minxy

Have you got your shower base fixed yet?
No, not yet, still away in mainland Europe ... currently in Sas Van Gent, Holland (just above the Belgian border/Gent), and will be getting back to the UK on Tuesday next week so once we've scraped the muck off (us, the dogs and the camper) and sorted ourselves out that will be our next 'battle' with SMC ...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back