Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 4, 2017
North West, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Never stop learning 😊
I reckon we generally regret the things we didn't do, rather than those that we did . . .

Took the plunge earlier this year with a PVC and absolutely LOVE IT.

You probably already know, deep down inside, if you REALLY want to do it . . . get thee over to the motorhomes section at AutoTrader and spend the Christmas holidays narrowing down how many berths, what configuration, size & style of van .....

OP
OP
Kathy and Jon

Kathy and Jon

Free Member
Dec 18, 2017
Countesthorpe
Funster No
:ta: Thank you all, we both so excited, yet nervy at the same time and deciding on a home, is another question as there are so many out there....all good fun though. My hardest is the size of the bed, as we sleep in a super king and down scaling to a tiny weeny incy beeny little double.....eeeek:eek:

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
They're not all tiny weeny incy beeny little doubles! A lot of the drop down beds in A class vans are huge - not quite as big as a super king but certainly almost as big.

Denise

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
My hardest is the size of the bed, as we sleep in a super king and down scaling to a tiny weeny incy beeny little double.....eeeek:eek:

We had the same problem hence the reason why we opted for two single rear high beds which convert to a super kingsize bed when the extra centre bits are added.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
If you are nuts then I am certifiable. I did it in my 30's and not only that I sold my house and moved into the thing fulltime :p :D

Have fun...

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
:ta: Thank you all, we both so excited, yet nervy at the same time and deciding on a home, is another question as there are so many out there....all good fun though. My hardest is the size of the bed, as we sleep in a super king and down scaling to a tiny weeny incy beeny little double.....eeeek:eek:

Welcome.

In our 7m N+B Arto both the fixed bed over the garage and the derop-down are King Size, but not 'super king', whatever that is as I thought bigger than King was called Queen.

Maybe you just meant it is king-sized, so is super?

If king-size is good enough you will find plenty of choice.

As it is a first MH I suggest you look at secondhand good quality marques that will not have deteriorated much.

If you have till 2019 to wait it will just be enough to do your research and find the right MH to buy - don't rush, because as you have identified there are so many options.

Budget? If you do not wish to disclose in open forum send me a private message when you are a subscriber. To do that click on my avatar 'NI" and a box will appear, click on 'Start a conversation'

Geoff

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Our last van was a Swift Sundance 630 L. The rear lounge makes up into a very large bed. Our super King sheets didn't fit. We had to get some emperor ones online.
Spend plenty of time researching what you want. The perfect van doesn't exist, there will always be compromises. :xThumb:

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968

Get an RV then your bed size will be the same :)
BTW Welcome :xThumb:

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I did what grommet did, but only two years ago this week!! And I'm not even retired,, maybe retarded,, but I love it !! So will you! Xxxx

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Spend plenty of time researching what you want. The perfect van doesn't exist, there will always be compromises. :xThumb:
:WelcomeFlag:
Totally agree, we're still in this process - decided the length, then the layout and now trying to work out what fits best for us!

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Welcome!
Yes,you may be completely bonkers,daft as a brush,barking mad,brick short of a load,mad as a box of frogs........but it’s fun ain’t it!:xgrin::xgrin::xgrin::xgrin::p

OP
OP
Kathy and Jon

Kathy and Jon

Free Member
Dec 18, 2017
Countesthorpe
Funster No
:party3: its something I've always said I want to do, when the kids fly the nest...but it's still nervy. My Son, said we should rent one first for a holiday and see what we think...:roflmto:

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
:party3: its something I've always said I want to do, when the kids fly the nest...but it's still nervy. My Son, said we should rent one first for a holiday and see what we think...:roflmto:
In all seriousness that is a very good idea. Try and hire one that is as near to what you think you want,as you can find.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back