LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
after a year long battle to try and stop my toilet door leaking rain in, new seals, new pins, etc i have to admit the door is too worn to work properly
i need to replace it but i have seen ones with a rain guard/lip above it but only on doors that are landscape rather than portrait orientated
anybody seen one with a lip on a portrait door??

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
after a year long battle to try and stop my toilet door leaking rain in, new seals, new pins, etc i have to admit the door is too worn to work properly
i need to replace it but i have seen ones with a rain guard/lip above it but only on doors that are landscape rather than portrait orientated
anybody seen one with a lip on a portrait door??
Have one over our hab door. Not sure about cassette door - not my department!

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The cassette door frame stands proud of the van on all four sides by 5mm or so. Enough to prevent water entering I would have thought. When you say 'worn' what is there to wear?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
busbuddy

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
the door is not sealing properly, the rain does not pour in but there is definitely a little getting in, i first noticed it when i had all the bathroom out to fit the new shower tray so i replaced the seal, hinge pins and resealed the infill panel but it still leaks
it is definitely leaking past the seal somehow so i dont know if the door is twisted or the catches dont pull the seal tight enough any more

so i have decided it needs renewing......i have seen ones like this
ContentDownload

you can see the extra lip on the top but cant find one in portrait orientation with the lip at the top

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Fiamma Drip Stop May be what you are looking for. Only comes in 1m lengths. Have seen it in some dealers.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back