Thetford - additional cleaning chemicals (1 Viewer)

Graham of Madrid

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Mc Louis Glamys 40
Exp
Since 2019
Hello again !

Is it OK to use additional cleaning products like Toilet Duck for the Thetford or are theses a big NO NO

Thanks for your help.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I would say do not use any normal household cleaning toilet stuff anywhere near your toilet bowl as its plastic, can stain or even maybe melt if you use the wrong chemicals. Just was out the bowl with either the thetford pink stuff diluted down and put in a trigger spray bottle or just plain or soapy water.
As for the Thetford Cassette these are are stronger, you can use many things all listed on here before, but the favourites are the blue, or Green additive one capful for each use, or many use BIO washing machine tabs or sachets, some even use Baking Soda, but if you have a SOG extraction fan device, you dont need to add anything to the cassette really, but even though we have a SOG unit, I still add some chemicals for a nicer fresh smell, and I always spray the pink stuff around the bowl after every flush as it keeps the bowl clean & fresh.
Wish I had a pound for every time these toilet questions come up, but hope that helps.
Les

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I would say do not use any normal household cleaning toilet stuff anywhere near your toilet bowl as its plastic, can stain or even maybe melt if you use the wrong chemicals. Just was out the bowl with either the thetford pink stuff diluted down and put in a trigger spray bottle or just plain or soapy water.
As for the Thetford Cassette these are are stronger, you can use many things all listed on here before, but the favourites are the blue, or Green additive one capful for each use, or many use BIO washing machine tabs or sachets, some even use Baking Soda, but if you have a SOG extraction fan device, you dont need to add anything to the cassette really, but even though we have a SOG unit, I still add some chemicals for a nicer fresh smell, and I always spray the pink stuff around the bowl after every flush as it keeps the bowl clean & fresh.
Wish I had a pound for every time these toilet questions come up, but hope that helps.
Les
Yes, as above. A spray bottle of Thetford pink and a bio washing tablet/liquid pouch in the cassette is all you need.
I do use Thetford silicone spray on the blade and seal when not using the MH. Any silicone spray would do though.
I’ve got some Thetford bowl cleaner because it came in a starter pack with new MH but I probably will just use soapy water with a touch of dettol in when it runs out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
I've been using dettol spray on mine for years - not a problem

Most household toilet seats are plastic and they don't seem to melt or discolour.

Upvote 0
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i wouldn't use toilet duck at home we did and found it builds up black scale in the bend which creeps down into the bowl;

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Graham of Madrid

Graham of Madrid

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Mc Louis Glamys 40
Exp
Since 2019
Thanks for the advice.

Looking on Amazon I see the following;

Aqua rinse, Aqua rinse plus and Aqua rinse concentrated.

I suppose the concentrated is the one to buy, right ?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back