The Ultimate Mini Washing Machine ? (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Came across this mini wall mounted washing machine as a replacement for our mini twin tub.

Our twin tub has been good, but it stretches and damages our clothes sometimes.

Opinions please?

Daewoo DWD-M301 Mini Wall mounted Front Load Washer Drum Type Washing Machine 220V~240V Amazon product ASIN B01E0UKO42

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I don't think I would fancy that vibrating on the van walls.
I'm guessing it could be fixed to a sheet of MDF rather than fixing directly to the wall.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Looks to small to be much use... :)

Bath looks ok though... (y)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
where are you going to build the brick wall to support it?

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
no it needs chemical anchors to bolt it to a masonry wall as in the installation video

Thanks for watching the installation video too.

Sadly Motorhomes are not made from bricks or blocks BUT they can support the weight and stress of a bike rack and an awning. So I'm guessing they should be able to support a 16kg washing machine.

Just a case of finding the most effective solution.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for watching the installation video too.

Sadly Motorhomes are not made from bricks or blocks BUT they can support the weight and stress of a bike rack and an awning. So I'm guessing they should be able to support a 16kg washing machine.

Just a case of finding the most effective solution.
Robert I am not so sure. The dynamic load this will exert when in use, especially when spinning, will be a lot more than its weight.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
I want one, I want one. Two even, his and hers. :rofl:

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Robert I am not so sure. The dynamic load this will exert when in use, especially when spinning, will be a lot more than its weight.

How about swapping a design consultation for a cup of tea and a piece of cake ?

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
where are you going to build the brick wall to support it?

New Age Caravans in Australia offer these Mini washing machines in their caravans

ge5456780645814014616.jpg

I guess no brick walls are required

I've also found that you can buy them on Ebay for just £422

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I fitted a Candy Aqua 10

New model here

To the Garage of our Eura Mobil some years ago. Tried to Get a Photo from MHF***ts but gone off the site. It was very neat, very useful. But really only for Fully Serviced Pitches.

What I like about the Mini is that it only weighs 16kg and doesn't take up any floor space in the garage

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Will be interesting watching your new N&B shake to bits when its spinning.:D
If they can be fitted in a caravan, which is light conspired with a MH, I'm sure my solidly built van will cope

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Robert, have a look at the installation video posted by @TeeMyob They seem to suggest that you need a masonry wall. And the fixings that come with it are heavy duty expanding masonry bolts not screws and rawplugs. That seems to me to suggest that there are considerable dynamic forces applied to the wall.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Robert, have a look at the installation video posted by @TeeMyob They seem to suggest that you need a masonry wall. And the fixings that come with it are heavy duty expanding masonry bolts not screws and rawplugs. That seems to me to suggest that there are considerable dynamic forces applied to the wall.
Hi Peter
Yes I've already watched the installation video, but am also mindful that the Australian caravan manufacturer is fitting them in their vans

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Hi Peter
Yes I've already watched the installation video, but am also mindful that the Australian caravan manufacturer is fitting them in their vans
yes but the aussies like the sound of the wobble board, like that bastard rolf harris used to play. Seriously though they must have reinforced the wall in that caravan. the centrifugal loading would pull a wooden panel to bits

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Peter
Looking at the photo it looks more like a mobile home than a caravan. Looks like domestic type kitchen. Have you asked N&B if it is suitable?

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Looking at the photo it looks more like a mobile home than a caravan. Looks like domestic type kitchen. Have you asked N&B if it is suitable?
Its definitely a regular mobile caravan Peter. Can't imagine that N&B would potentially expose themselves to any risk by giving an opinion on an appliance that they don't supply or have easy access to.
IF I was to get on, it wouldn't be fixed to the body of the van.
Will tell you my idea when I see you.

As an aside, I did see a video on You Tube which showed one sitting on a kitchen worktop. It hadn't been fixed to anything.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Its definitely a regular mobile caravan Peter. Can't imagine that N&B would potentially expose themselves to any risk by giving an opinion on an appliance that they don't supply or have easy access to.
IF I was to get on, it wouldn't be fixed to the body of the van.
Will tell you my idea when I see you.

As an aside, I did see a video on You Tube which showed one sitting on a kitchen worktop. It hadn't been fixed to anything.
Could you mount it in/ on a separate wooden box not attached to s wall?

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Could you mount it in/ on a separate wooden box not attached to s wall?

That's along the lines of what I'm considering Anthea

My plan would be to mount it on 36mm thick MDF panel, which sits tight to the floor and tight to the ceiling. Therefore preventing any rotation.
It would be bolted right through the MDF, so no screws to come lose

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back