Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
IMG_2869.JPG
Stork on the church roof at Torquemada. This is a nice quiet aire right beside the church.

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
IMG_2874.JPG
Made it to Caceres after another long drive,sitting in the square having a cerveza. (y) For Sandra @irnbru ,the only snow I saw was on top of the mountains. :D

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
@bigtree @irnbru
Sorry to say but last couple of days in Glasgow weather's been none too shabby.(y):p
So good even got the grass cut and garage door fixed.(n):(
Safe travels both.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Parked in the
You managed to find a space at the Caceres Aire?? Last time I tried after lunch they were rarer than hen's teeth. Or have they made the Aire bigger?[/QUOTE

Parked in the overspill area at the college marked turismos, stayed at this spot last year but was a bit late in rising so had students growling at our presence in their parking spaces.:oops:

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
You managed to find a space at the Caceres Aire?? Last time I tried after lunch they were rarer than hen's teeth. Or have they made the Aire bigger?
Parked in the overspill area at the college marked turismos, stayed at this spot last year but was a bit late in rising so had students growling at our presence in their parking spaces.:oops:

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Left Caceres early after refuelling,popped into Merida for a food shop and got to Monesterio early afternoon. I saw that there was a Roman theatre not too far away so got Baby Duke out and rode over to see it. Not too impressive as the town was pulled down a long time ago but they have been excavating it and rebuilt some parts of it. The road over and back was very good on the bike,should say the Roman town was called Regina,partway between Córdoba and Merida. Some of the stone might have ended up in the castle on the hill. :(

Attachments

• IMG_2877.JPG
    IMG_2877.JPG
    358 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Made it. :clap2::beerchug:

Attachments

• IMG_2882.JPG
    IMG_2882.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 22

Stewart

Free Member
Nov 10, 2016
England
Funster No
MH
Devon Monte Carlo van con
Exp
many years
Met @bigtree at Jerez on the official campsite. He, being Scottish, did not buy grandstand tickets, and I had the best seats in the house. A great day of qualifying.
I have tickets for all the non flyaway rounds and will be taking my camper to all of them. Is there anybody else out there doing this?

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
He, being Scottish, did not buy grandstand tickets, and I had the best seats in the house
I don't think it's anything to do with being Scottish, that's nothing but s myth. Maybe he's just not as rich as you or chooses more carefully what he spends his budget on. :)

Stewart

Free Member
Nov 10, 2016
England
Funster No
MH
Exp
many years
No, it is to do with him being Scottish - he wanted to charge me 2 euros for a shot of his sunscreen!

Stewart

Free Member
Nov 10, 2016
England
Funster No
MH
Exp
many years
Having read my comment, it definitely sounds like I am up myself. Nothing could be further from the truth. It was meant to be light hearted. I full time in my small camper and do not have unlimited funds. Because I am older than 66, I get half price gp tickets in Spain, and I get in for free in Brno. I just have a passion for Motogp and will spend my budget on it.

Stewart

Free Member
Nov 10, 2016
England
Funster No
MH
Exp
many years
I had a seat right at the top of the stand next to turn 11, and I could see all the turns from 7 to 13. It was brilliant!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I had a seat right at the top of the stand next to turn 11

Pretty close to where we were then. Enjoy. We had a better seat today, our settee, OK no atmosphere but every corner in view.

I admire your enthusiasm, that's a tall order doing all the Europe rounds. Forestboy and Edgy will be joining you for Mugello and Catalunya but on bikes so you are unlikely to meet unless you make arrangements.

Last year, after Le Mans and Mugello I said "never again", I was wrecked through lack of sleep. But I reserve the right to change my mind.

Who will it be tomorrow ? I have no idea but I am sure it's going to be a good one.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
I think I got those last year after many previous years research, at turn 13 where you can see half of the circuit.
Which is turn 13 ???. Loving this circuit we are at Tribuna W3 good view and a big screen to keep up with the action
Ta

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Having read my comment, it definitely sounds like I am up myself. .

It's so very easy to be saying the words to yourself and knowing what you mean then read them in print and be hit with "did I type that ?".

I try and do a preview before posting, but not all the time because "preview" is initially hidden from us in "more options".

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Which is turn 13 ???. Loving this circuit we are at Tribuna W3 good view and a big screen to keep up with the action
Ta

Turn 15 is the final hairpin back onto the main straight.

You can't really fail to love the place, it's a proper job natural circuit dictated by nature. In a lovely region too. I think Mugello is very similar in look and feel in an even more exciting area.

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
No, it is to do with him being Scottish - he wanted to charge me 2 euros for a shot of his sunscreen![/QUOT
No, it is to do with him being Scottish - he wanted to charge me 2 euros for a shot of his sunscreen!

Too right,imagine coming to somewhere that is going to be 30 degrees and not having sunscreen. I will try and make a € anywhere. ;)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I've just remembered a really strange thing about last year. After the MotoGP we all leave, very well aided by the police, and we headed north. For maybe 100 miles all the bridges were lined with people, waving at us.

Passionate lot the Spanish.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Met @bigtree at Jerez on the official campsite. He, being Scottish, did not buy grandstand tickets, and I had the best seats in the house. A great day of qualifying.
I have tickets for all the non flyaway rounds and will be taking my camper to all of them. Is there anybody else out there doing this?

Not doing this, but will more than likely be at Aragon again this year, where we met @bigtree and his lovely lady for the first time. He also caused John to chop in a beemer for a 690 Duke and forced a change of van to accomodate it. Thanks Trevor, we are pleased.

Apr 23, 2015
berkshire
Funster No
MH
autocruise gleneagle
Exp
since 2005
Hi Bigtree,,,we going over next weekend - you mentioned sites getting booked, do you think we should book? We assumed we would get in most places this time of year....

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Bigtree,,,we going over next weekend - you mentioned sites getting booked, do you think we should book? We assumed we would get in most places this time of year....
Not sure what you mean but you say going over,where to??
I don't book anywhere,just turn up and never not been able to get in.

Deleted User
I've just remembered a really strange thing about last year. After the MotoGP we all leave, very well aided by the police, and we headed north. For maybe 100 miles all the bridges were lined with people, waving at us.

Passionate lot the Spanish.

You should have seen it yesterday, by coincidence we were travelling north on the A66 from Sevilla, never seen so many bikes, people on the bridges waving Spanish flags........thought there might have been a revolution:)..........only joking, I did realise what was going on, even saw a few UK bikes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back