LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Sorry can't find the recent OP who mentioned this place. A big thank you!

It really does need highlighting and more so supported by those travelling to/from Scotland. It's just behind the Moffat cc or c&cc ..not sure which but I know it charges £27.65 ( I think it's one night but could've been two)

This green frog place is like an open spaced aire £5.50 per night. No showers/toilets but dump and water and a charming town 10min walk.

Keep it in your minds folks! :)

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
It's a lovely place, great shopping if you've forgotten to buy Scottish gifts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Thanks for that We've seen folk parked up over the field , when camping at the ccc site, and were told there was a cl there.
We might give it a try on our way up to our next 3 week trip . (y)
Isle Of Mull this time, last 3 weeks in September. Can't wait.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Thanks for that We've seen folk parked up over the field , when camping at the ccc site, and were told there was a cl there.
We might give it a try on our way up to our next 3 week trip . (y)
Isle Of Mull this time, last 3 weeks in September. Can't wait.
I spent a week on mull last October I absolutely loved it... It's a beautiful island and I found wild spaces every day without issue
Met some lovely fellow campers too

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
IMG_4601.JPG
no photos Sandra? :)

Opposite campsite view

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
The Green Frog has good hardstandings, there is a decent cafe on site, good breakfasts and has great fishing which attracts most people. Good Italian restaurant nearby, nice family, and for a treat go to Broadies restaurant, fab!!

Last weekend there was everything from a 38ft RV, to caravans and an assortment of Motorhomes. Have to admit we were on the Camping and Caravan site next door, but it's part of my walk around town!!

Bill

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
Oops, should have said, there are toilets in the cafe for those who need them, and there is an adjoining path to the site next door if they are closed, but I didn't tell you that ........

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
The Green Frog has good hardstandings, there is a decent cafe on site, good breakfasts and has great fishing which attracts most people. Good Italian restaurant nearby, nice family, and for a treat go to Broadies restaurant, fab!!

Last weekend there was everything from a 38ft RV, to caravans and an assortment of Motorhomes. Have to admit we were on the Camping and Caravan site next door, but it's part of my walk around town!!

Bill

We've spent the last three New Year's Eve /Hogmanay at Brodie's , staying on the ccc from Boxingday till 4 January. We're booked in for this one too. Great night and you all go up into the town to see the bells in and watch all the fireworks.
We enjoy our visits to Moffat lots of pubs and places to eat within a short walk from the campsite. Good walks around the local area too.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I know the place as a cafe but didn't realise you could stay overnight. Anyway the co-op was ok and we had a great breakfast in the Mill. Perhaps next time Al!!

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Sandra, £27 would probably be for 2 people or 2 nights at the C&CC site. I paid something like £11 for 1 night with ehu. I noticed a couple of motorhomes parked near the Green Frog and wondered if it was another site but didn't enquire. @Aly1 we'd have had the same problem that night even if we'd known : arrived too late. However, it's a thought for next time. Thanks Sandra. (y)
PS, the Co-op were pleased we actually asked to stay on their car park. They said most people don't bother.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
@Wendo 55 yes we were quoted for 2 persons but I think so was so taken aback with her figure I never got her to clarify if it was for each night or If 2 nights I misheard her.misheard her.

We are still the same 2 persons for £5.50 here :). Part of the parking is actually the car park for garden centre so you can turn up anytime.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
The minimum stay in high season is two nights at Moffat ccc site. But your are right it will be £27 odds per night for non members. (2 adults)

If the Green Frog is a CL, who gave them the exemption certificate and do you not have to be a member of the "club" to use it?

I know that C&CC CS's are for members only.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Bobby I don't know if The Green Frog is a c or cc site.We are parked in their car park.

The Moffat club site price was based on being a member.

Last edited:

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
In my opinion the 2 night booking rule is were the C&CC lets itself down. I can book a single night with the opposition which I occasionally have to do. However I did just turn up at Moffat one Sunday and did manage to secure a single night. They really need to think about the ethos of motorhoming I,e. touring, and not knowing where we will be and when.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
We’re on this site at the moment and the fees are now:

Hard Standing only - £7.50
Hard Standing with electric/CL (hard standing with grass adjacent) - £12.50
Toilets/Showers (key code lock) - £1 per person per night

We’ve just come back from a walk into the town and have a new neighbour with a FUN registration on a Bailey Approach Autograph 765 - occupants not around though.

Ian

image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
you do know you are all reading and liking a post from 2017, more likes now than then lol.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since you first put this on we’ve stopped on the Green Frog several times Sandra. ?
I can vouch for their cooked breakfasts too ?? Cheap great all year round stop over. Last time we stopped on the newest extended area, we went up when Ralph had his knee operation about 3 months ago.
They’ve sectioned off what was storage for the garden centre now too.
There’s hook up at one side and not at the other. Moffatt is always worth a visit. On the way right up , or the way back and of course our regular New Year’s Eve visits.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back