Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Actually Tim it was shown to me!

I find it quite extraordinary the attitude of people with your obvious left wing

AGAIN:
My Question of the thread is not about weather Gassing took place or not !!!
its about if there is a security alarm system out there that would detect outside movement and contact with the motorhome by 'undesirables' using, ie; gas hose ! crow bar, what ever..
yes there are several alarms on the market with a perimeter sensor that warns at a set distance and will full alarm at point of contact. a right royal pain in the bum for campsites and anywere that people might legitimately walk near the vehicle

i had one fitted to a previous van and it didnt go down well with the neighbours

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
AGAIN:
My Question of the thread is not about weather Gassing took place or not !!!
its about if there is a security alarm system out there that would detect outside movement and contact with the motorhome by 'undesirables' using, ie; gas hose ! crow bar, what ever..

I think the moral of this is that it's always better to start a new thread with a new subject heading if you want a specific question answered rather than relying on folk following a drifting thread.

Tim

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
One paper actually had 3, yes folks, 3, rail carriages gassed and robbed in france, by those ubiquitous "East Europeans":):):)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I find it quite extraordinary the attitude of people with your obvious left wing

I'm not sure whether to be insulted or to roll on the floor laughing. That's the first time anyone, anywhere has mentioned me and left wing in the same sentence.

EDIT: For the purposes of this thread I tried to have left wing thoughts for a few minutes and couldn't stop laughing. I also wet myself a bit so normal service is resumed.

I think I might spend a few weeks on French motorway services and try and get "gassed." If I can find out what this magical substance is I can patent it, sell it to the NHS and put my feet up. They won't need to employ anaesthetists any more so they can pay me 50% of the salary of every anaesthetist currently employed. (y)

I can also make a decent sideline showing all the MH converters and manufacturers how to make their vehicles airtight.

I was looking for a new challenge so thanks for the little push (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
Gassing stories are apocryphal. No hard irrefutable evidence seems to exist. Only stories about someone who knew someone. Even the local cops clearly don't take it seriously but would rather take the piss out of Les Rostbifs with vague stuff about East European crime gangs. With so few reported incidents those crime gangs had better get used to a diet of bread and cheese as that's all they will be able to afford from their gains, particularly after paying for all that gas.

I myself have gone to bed sober a couple of times and forgotten to lock the van doors. If I can be that forgetful sober what about when I've had a few? And if someone were to enter during the night I'd need a story for the insurance in the morning. Otherwise it's negligence and no payout.

Perimeter alarms sound a good idea, however the only company I can trace over the last few years seems to have disappeared. Too expensive I suspect. But an adaptation of simple reversing sensors should be capable of being sold for around £200 including fitting. It's an obvious method of solving the problem.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back