Free Member
Oct 16, 2019
Finchingfield
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 331
Exp
1 day!
I'm not so much a Christmas Grinch but being a single guy (well separated specifically) and my with family (including extended family) that I can count on the fingers of one hand - I had intended to spend Christmas propping up the bar in my local village pub. However, with my new motorhome hobby, I wonder if any of you guys might have a better suggestion?
Craig

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Have motorhome, can travel— you can go anywhere you want, really. Plenty of sites open in the UK or venture across the channel if you prefer.
I can take or leave Christmas, used to enjoy working from Christmas Eve through to the 27th, it was always very peaceful.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Your heart will tell you what to do. Or flip a coin then it can’t be your fault if it goes tits up?

OP
OP
Craig Mileo

Craig Mileo

Free Member
Oct 16, 2019
Finchingfield
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 331
Exp
1 day!
Have motorhome, can travel— you can go anywhere you want, really. Plenty of sites open in the UK or venture across the channel if you prefer.
I can take or leave Christmas, used to enjoy working from Christmas Eve through to the 27th, it was always very peaceful.
Really? I’m brand new to all this, l had no idea sites were open over Christmas. Thank you

OP
OP
Craig Mileo

Craig Mileo

Free Member
Oct 16, 2019
Finchingfield
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 331
Exp
1 day!
Last time I looked, Baltic Wharf Caravan club site in Bristol had spaces over Christmas. I am tempted....
Sounds good Janine but... do they allow dogs, because l won’t go anywhere without my best bud Frank :inlove:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Last time I looked, Baltic Wharf Caravan club site in Bristol had spaces over Christmas. I am tempted....
The nearby ASDA used to have a "singles evening" on Tuesdays. I know a couple whose eyes met across the freezer aisle ... I went to their wedding and the rest as they say is history. Awww.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
We are at Baltic Wharf again this year, booked it before we left last year, as it was hit or miss whether the CMC would get the site licenced for another year.
We want to get around the bits we didn't have time for last year,(Weatherspoons):) the river taxis are great fun, the indoor hippy market was interesting, and strange thing was everyone was drinking Cider in the pubs, when there was perfectly good beer available:unsure:
Have fun where ever you end up, cheers to all.

LES

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I actually love Christmas on my own at home but I am weird apparently ?

I'm another one who enjoys being alone... Rare treat I put the heating on, put the onesie on, put the basic food on.. No need to be excessive or have loads of washing up, put favourite music on... Cry for lost loved ones who have died, then do whatever I want.

No Christmas decorations to worry about taking down.. No loads of presents to wrap and don't think I am at all miserable compared to those who are compelled to do all that but don't really want to. :).

Pleased for those that do enjoy it though... each to their own.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back