The cost of colour

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Buerstner Travel Van
Exp
Not long enough!
A few months ago I asked the dealer to order a set of winter covers for the fridge vents on our Travel Van. Last week they finally arrived - too late for this winter. I was recommended to sit before they told me the price - £120+!!!!
Despite the van being white, the vent covers are grey - so the dealer had ordered grey ones. Quick trip into the stores produced a pair of white ones at £22 - which I could have been using for the last 3 months. No guesses which ones I bought!
So, if you have a grey van and are thinking of covering the fridge vents during storage, think hard. Are colour-mtached covers worth an extra £100?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
Just come back from -12° and I don’t use fridge covers as such, what I do is take the bottom one off and cover the inside with foil backed parchment paper and simply put it back on, does the trick a treat , I also don’t cover the top one as a couple of years ago found the fridge gets to hot and can’t vent properly

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
My Grey ones which I'm using on my white van cost €22 each but that was 3 vans and over 10 years ago.:)

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
New van has a compressor fridge, so I will be saving the £22 and getting another leisure battery at £150+..... so there

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back