The Annual Big Day Tomorrow..... (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Sounds like a Hymer hab check not required for warranty just the damp check. Get mine done in Belgium for €70.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Booked in to Becks for service, mot and damp check/under spray tomorrow. Coming up four years old and just 8k on the clock.
There goes my beer money :RollEyes:
Do Becks do the cab/vehicle servicing in addition to the Hab side? I thought the sales guy told me otherwise, unless it was just for the first annual vehicle service to go to Fiat maybe?

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
Best of luck Larry, hope they make a better job on yours than they did on mine 2 years ago(n)
They used to be great when we bought our first van 13 years ago.

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Do Becks do the cab/vehicle servicing in addition to the Hab side? I thought the sales guy told me otherwise, unless it was just for the first annual vehicle service to go to Fiat maybe?

Yes they do including brake fluid changes etc.

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Sounds like a Hymer hab check not required for warranty just the damp check. Get mine done in Belgium for €70.

That’s right , hab check not necessary although I had mine done last year (3) for peace of mind.
Not travelling over water so have to bear the cost .

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Booked in to Becks for service, mot and damp check/under spray tomorrow. Coming up four years old and just 8k on the clock.
There goes my beer money :RollEyes:
I think you might need one of these Larry..
1579502567325.png

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Best of luck Larry, hope they make a better job on yours than they did on mine 2 years ago(n)
They used to be great when we bought our first van 13 years ago.
What went wrong ?
After a couple of issues we had after pick up (not manufacturer related), this has also made me curious given we’re about to book first annual service for later this year...

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
After a couple of issues we had after pick up (not manufacturer related), this has also made me curious given we’re about to book first annual service for later this year...

It could be that sweetie experience was unusual and not the norm so I will continue and post back result.

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Ours is in at Fullers next week for a hab service, damp check and MOT, it’s warranty runs out the week after so can get anything done while it’s there should it flag up.

Apr 12, 2018
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
Hi so what do they use for this under spray do you have this done every year do it dry or do road dirt stick to it and looks messy thanks Andy

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi so what do they use for this under spray do you have this done every year do it dry or do road dirt stick to it and looks messy thanks Andy

The underfloor of the Hymer is grp and where there are cable entry points and other breaks in the surface they spray with a type of underseal, they also do a complete damp check of the motorhome to ensure all ok.
It is a condition of the 7 year moisture ingress warranty that the damp check and under spray are completed by a Hymer dealer annually for the first 5 years from new and recorded with Hymer online and a printed document produced for vehicle file.

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
The big day is extended, all done with the exception of MOT due to a problem with the bonnet (hood).
The hinge mountings are secured to the outer body with adhesive, no mechanical fixing at all, and one is loose so both sides need re mounting before they will issue mot .
That’s a new one to me and surprising to say the least.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
The big day is extended, all done with the exception of MOT due to a problem with the bonnet (hood).
The hinge mountings are secured to the outer body with adhesive, no mechanical fixing at all, and one is loose so both sides need re mounting before they will issue mot .
That’s a new one to me and surprising to say the least.
I`ll bet, Never heard of bonding, Hinge fittings?.

Westbarn1

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 25, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMC-T 600
Exp

I contacted Becks regarding my first service and the first damp check and was told they couldn’t do the service, but could do the damp check for £195 inc VAT, any suggestions for anywhere cheaper, apart from Belgium, (not planning to cross the channel until May) mine has to be done by March to stay in warranty.

My mechanical service is being done by SW MB This Saturday.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Need to get your cleaning stuff out Larry, look at that green under there. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Need to get your cleaning stuff out Larry, look at that green under there. ::bigsmile:

When I wash and clean I always do the back of locker doors etc but must remember back of bonnet, think of the extra weight I’m carrying :wink:

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We bought our Hymer from Becks and get them to do the damp check and spray. I asked them about engine service and they advised to use a Fiat Pro dealer for the first three years so as to make it easier for any Fiat warranty isdues. But now out of warranty so used them for the 4 year engine service last November and they were good.

May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
The underfloor of the Hymer is grp and where there are cable entry points and other breaks in the surface they spray with a type of underseal, they also do a complete damp check of the motorhome to ensure all ok.
It is a condition of the 7 year moisture ingress warranty that the damp check and under spray are completed by a Hymer dealer annually for the first 5 years from new and recorded with Hymer online and a printed document produced for vehicle file.
My Knaus had some damp around the factory fitted rear camera, in the back wall. Had to put in a warranty claim. Only 3 years old, 10,000 miles, grrrrrrrr.

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
My Knaus had some damp around the factory fitted rear camera, in the back wall. Had to put in a warranty claim. Only 3 years old, 10,000 miles, grrrrrrrr.

It’s a bit of a lottery, the smallest lack of care or concentration by a fitter and the customer suffers.
I habitually check all roof joints, mastic etc when washing roof and if any doubt clean and add a little Dicor.
Hope yours is ok now (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back