That’s our handover booked! (1 Viewer)

Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
Got the call to say that Budge, or new motorhome, is ready for us. Handover is Sunday afternoon. Very excited. Any hints or tips?

Wow, so exciting for you, I don't think i'd be able to sleep, enjoy x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Do you have the facility to stay at the dealers - or very nearby - overnight on the first night?

When we bought our first MH, Lowdhams virtually insisted we stayed overnight so if we wanted anything clarifying or couldn't get something to work then we/they could easily deal with it the next day.

Travelworld were the same when we bought our second one.

It was certainly useful for us on both occasions. So I'd recommend it as something to do.

Upvote 0

Dan and Jan

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 16, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Between Vans
Exp
On and off since 2000
Got the call to say that Budge, or new motorhome, is ready for us. Handover is Sunday afternoon. Very excited. Any hints or tips?
If 2 of you go to pick it up, one of you listens and the other could do a small video, as others have said, so you don't miss anything. Get as many booklets as you can for later reading. Enjoy. Safe travels.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

Jaymacgee

Free Member
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
Do you have the facility to stay at the dealers - or very nearby - overnight on the first night?

When we bought our first MH, Lowdhams virtually insisted we stayed overnight so if we wanted anything clarifying or couldn't get something to work then we/they could easily deal with it the next day.

Travelworld were the same when we bought our second one.

It was certainly useful for us on both occasions. So I'd recommend it as something to do.

Thanks. Work and school commitments prevent an overnight stay on site but we only live 20 minutes away and it is my day off on Monday so I will spend the day testing everything and making sure I can work it all. Plan is to be away in it from the following weekend so hope to identify any major things before that.

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Have a really good look round outside and underneath. I know it sounds daft but one you leave the premises any small dints or scratches will be down to you sir .. Our New Swift Bolero was leaking water. I pointed this out to the salesman who said that it was probably just overfilled. After the 30 minute handover water was still coming out underneath. They TRIED to fix it and we waited 1.5 hours. They never managed to fix it .. I did ..

If it's not right don't even drive it out. Whatever they say about sorting it. Keep your money in the bank until you are happy.

With the Swift the first thing they wanted on pickup day was the cash. So we went and looked at the MH first much to their disgust.

Hope all goes well ..

Upvote 0

M50

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
As QFour as already stated
If you’re not 100% happy don’t pay them go back once they’ve fixed your unhappiness and then pay/collect
I made the mistake of leaving with something I wasn’t happy with,to be fair it was sorted but only once I’d booked in to the after sales dept taken time off to drive it back ect.
It’s much easier when you’re in command
Other than that get a contact name and number (normally not the sales person)you can speak to when you cannot quite remember what they told you

Upvote 0

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
video or/and take notes ....absolutely imperative .....you will forget ....there is way too much to remember and it is sooooooooooo exciting .....and one is impatient to get in and be the new owner....best wishes and happy travels.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back