Tessoro 481 reversing light comes on with rear foglight (but not when reverse selected) (1 Viewer)

NewToMoHo2022

Free Member
Feb 17, 2022
Funster No
MH
Benimar
Took our 2019 Tessoro 481 for its first MOT and it failed because the reversing light doesn't work when reverse gear is selected. However, it turns out that it does illuminate when the rear fog lamp is switched on ! Has anyone else had this problem ? Alternatively, can anyone advise on how the diagonal LED reversing light is held in place ? Just wondering whether I can simply pull it out . . . . .

Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
Check the connection box for the rear lights under the back of the van, its probably full of water.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
NewToMoHo2022

NewToMoHo2022

Free Member
Feb 17, 2022
Funster No
MH
Benimar
Thanks pappajohn and Old Gibber for prompt responses - I'll get under the van again and try and pursue both those trains of thought...

OP
OP
NewToMoHo2022

NewToMoHo2022

Free Member
Feb 17, 2022
Funster No
MH
Benimar
Well, just in case anyone ever has the same problem in the future - I did check the connection box for the rear lights under the back of the van, but no water and all seemed secure. The earths looked OK too, so - with the aid of a wiring diagram helpfully supplied by the Benimar technical desk - I followed the coloured wires to the back of the LED reversing lamp strip and found that the grey "Antiniebla" (fog light) wire was connected instead of the violet "Marcha atrás" (reversing light) wire. Connecting the violet wire to the lamp cured the problem !

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
PDI must have been very thorough.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Check connection on back of light there may be another wire in there that is the reversing lamp wire had it on a caravan the only difference between uk and lhd wiring at the back are reverse and fog wiring

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It sounds like it was set up for continental use rather than uk .
Usually its one of the things that need changed as foglight is on the wrong side

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Had a friend with a similar problem with hymer a class, on first mot the fog light was found to be on the wrong side.

Aug 23, 2022
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro 481
Just found this site, thought I'd give a heads up on reversing/fog lights.
I had rear bumper replaced on my 481(don't get into this situation as it's over a thousand quid).
Went on a trip to Dartmouth on way home big loss of power - AA ford recovery came and engineer tested and changed an injector. He also did an engine and lights test which gave same results as original post.
Took back to distributors and they fixed problem.
I now think it was always wired that way and wires were re-replaced on repair.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Both of my last two motorhomes have had two rear foglights and two reversing lights (French and German), my car has two reversing lights and one rear foglight in the middle. Seems a bit penny pinching to only fit one of each when most people use motorhomes in the UK (even if like us it's only to drive to the tunnel) and in Europe.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back