Tefal Ingenio Stainless Steel Stacking Pans At Tefal Outlets from £55 for 3 pans (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If looking for stacking pans that take up the minimum of cupboard space then Tefal Ingenio have been suggested many times on the forum as an option but previously only non-stick aluminium pans in this range but now they have them in a good quality but not too heavy stainless steel :xThumb: Saw them at the Clarks Village (Somerset) Tefal Outlet & their shelf price was much lower than even online prices & understand that should be the same at their other 12 stores but worth calling to check if making a special trip http://www.homeandcook.co.uk/19/stores
As the Ingenio accessories work across the whole range then easy for anyone with the other set to add stainless steel pans so less cost than buying all new.
This set http://www.homeandcook.co.uk/product/1137/ingenio-stainless-steel-4-piece-saucepan-set was £55 in store (Amazon price £86.99)

Possible to use your own lids but this set of 3 http://www.homeandcook.co.uk/product/742/set-of-3-glass-lids-ingenio was £17.50 total (Amazon price £31.99)

Extra handle http://www.homeandcook.co.uk/product/746/black-bakelite-handle-ingenio £9.50 (not such a saving as Amazon price £10)

Last edited:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I bought the full set for our camper after loads of people raved about the Ingenio range and I must admit that I really get on with them well but!

The lids are not oven proof and Tefal say that there is a cast Aluminium lid available, but I can't buy one anywhere

Has anyone got one? How did you get it?

It is my only criticism, I use tin foil at the moment and it bugs me

Help!

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I bought the full set for our camper after loads of people raved about the Ingenio range and I must admit that I really get on with them well but!

The lids are not oven proof and Tefal say that there is a cast Aluminium lid available, but I can't buy one anywhere

Help!
Somebody needs to tell Tefal they make an aluminium lid.
http://www.tefal.co.uk/ingenio
Not even listed in the range!
We couldn't find one either.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
It is frustrating as the "cast aluminium lid" is mentioned in the instructions in three sizes and "suitable" for the oven

I will call Tefal I think on Monday and report back.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
Another for the stainless steel version.

We bought a full set, including wok and two frying pans 5 years ago in France ( were not available in UK st that time).

Earlier this year, one fry pan’s non stick started to ‘bubble’. As pans came with a lifetime guarantee, contact Tefal UK, who immediately replaced pan under their guarantee. Top service.

like others here, highly recommended.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It is frustrating as the "cast aluminium lid" is mentioned in the instructions in three sizes and "suitable" for the oven

I will call Tefal I think on Monday and report back.
Next time you're in France just go to Auchan and have a look at all the 'universal' lids you can buy ... there are loads and loads to choose from ...

https://www.auchan.fr/recherche?text=couvercle casserole

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
We have the set of three pans the black tefal coated ones and a two frying pan set all suitable for our induction plate, well pleased with them and the space they free up.

Last edited:

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
89599B0C-0411-4C99-B56C-39B4E6BBC9C4.jpeg

Help!

Have you got the lids with the magnetic removable handle or fold down plastic butterfly handles? The first type, as shown above is oven proof to 250c.

Last edited:

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Steel is comparatively heavy. I think there may be an aluminium (non-stick coated) alternative. Made in France, there is a much wider selection over there.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
The (cheaper) ones that I saw had (coloured) paint on the outside, rather than enamel. Only ever seen them in France.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Amazon have the 4 piece (3 pan plus handle) set for £65.24 at the moment Amazon product ASIN B008P6YWM8 - good deal if you are not near a Tefal outlet shop.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Back down to £63.00 after being higher for some time.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We've just taken delivery of the stainless steel version of the set in the OP. First impressions are good - they have a very solid base so should give an even heat on gas.
They are not for us a complete solution as the biggest saucepan isn't big enough for a meal of mussels for two and we will still carry a paella pan but the basic set is perfect for everyday needs.

Aug 11, 2019
North Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 700
Exp
A newbie
After reading about these, on here, we invested last year. Fantastic quality Very pleased.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
the lids are almost as much. shame they dont do a mix pack of small frying pan and a couple of sauce pans ...

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Just ordered them from amazon. (Food charity gets a small donation of us when we use our amazon account) plus we have prime so free delivery tomorrow as Argos wasn’t available till Monday.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back