Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
Does anyone know where the brake warning light switch is on a Talbot Express, as I don't want to start pulling of covers if I don't need to

OP
OP
B

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
Not the brake light, the brake warning light.

My dashboard warning light is coming on, although the brakes are fine. I've checked the fluid level and switch, so I'm assuming there is a mechanical switch somewhere near the lever for the hand brake, but it's covered and I don't want to take off the cover if I don't need to.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
You wont have any choice I'm afraid the switch is usually only accessible on any vehicle by removing the rubber cover etc..

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
If it is hand brake warning light then the switch will be on the lever, if it is pad warning light (although your pads are good) then the wire sensor is in the pads....every mechanic on here has seen pads not worn out bit the light on because the wire is in the wrong place in the pad.

All the best Rick

OP
OP
B

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
Sorted, I hope.

I'd raised the seat and I couldn't have been lowering the lever completely as it now seems to be working. All the essentials are now packed, sea fishing and fly rods, metal detector, food etc. Just clothes on Sunday and we shall be on our way south:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back