Swiss efficiency speeding fine (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Just been stopped for speeding.
I was travelling between Colmar and Lucern and forgot to switch off the avoid tolls on my satnav, so took a peculiar route into Germany and then into Switzerland and then up & down alpine pastures.
The not funny story was were just saying just as we got stopped, that I wish I had taken the motorway route as we’d probably be there by now when this copper jumped out into the road in front and waved us into someone’s driveway. He explained that we was speeding and said that he would allow us to go if we paid a fine of CHF250/£207.
3kph more and it would have been 600!
To be honest I didn’t even realise as we were that busy discussing the merits of avoiding the tolls.
Although there was only me on the road, they’d obviously had a successful morning as my name was added to a list of others on his spreadsheet.
So it’s beans on toast now for the rest of our hols and that is the last time I have a conversation with the wife - how dare she make me loose my concentration :ROFLMAO:

If travelling on the Swiss back roads stick rigidly to the speed limits!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I was travelling between Colmar and Lucern and forgot to switch off the avoid tolls on my satnav, so took a peculiar route into Germany and then into Switzerland and then up & down alpine pastures.
The not funny story was were just saying just as we got stopped, that I wish I had taken the motorway route as we’d probably be there by now when this copper jumped out into the road in front and waved us into someone’s driveway. He explained that we was speeding and said that he would allow us to go if we paid a fine of CHF250/£207.
To be honest I didn’t even realise as we were that busy discussing the merits of avoiding the tolls.
Although there was only me on the road, they’d obviously had a successful morning as my name was added to a list of others on his spreadsheet.
So it’s beans on toast now for the rest of our hols and that is the last time I have a conversation with the wife - how dare she make me loose my concentration :ROFLMAO:

OOPS,,Gorden Bennett,,thats some fine.BUSBY.

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH

So how much over the limit were you.

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
So how much over the limit were you.
I was well over so can’t complain about getting pulled - I was oblivious to the speed as we were in full discussion and laughing and enjoy ourselves when the copper ran into the road from his hiding place in the bushes.
Out in the sticks the limit varies between 50kph and 60kph and switches very frequently between the two.
I was doing 63kph in a 50kph.
The copper said he would have nicked me if I was doing 63kph in a 60kph when I questioned the high amount of the fine so I kept my mouth shut and said thank you ever so much when he sent me on my way haha.
Hopefully someone else will take out the Bush that they were hiding behind with their tripod!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back