Swift Kontiki Dynamic

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by dicksob, Jan 14, 2019.

1. dicksob

dicksob Funster

Ratings:
    +300
    Sorry if this has been posted before but was just looking at the specification of this new Swift built on an Iveco Daily. Certainly takes them into a completely new segment of the market, 7200kg and £150,000!
    Anyone seen one at all?

Bill

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Ratings:
    +25,550
    Didn't know it was April 1st.:rofl:

Would any sane person spend that much on a Swift, with their reputation £100 would be too much for me.

• Nice One! Nice One! x 2
  3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +41,840
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  4. MikeD

MikeD Funster

Ratings:
    +3,327

I thought it was a April fools joke as well. I will be interested to see how many are seen on the highways of UK. :D

• Like it Like it x 1
  5. eddievanbitz

eddievanbitz Trader - Funster

Ratings:
    +23,461
    Well I would buy a Swift happily, in fact our 2nd van was a Kontiki when Lyn and I were very lucky twenty somethings being able to buy a brand new motorhome. The "Groundhog" effect of spoiler and colour coding of the grill, trim and mirrors we felt made it look stylish and modern.

Had it about a year until we fell in love with Yanks which we have had ever since.

£150K ? Not so expensive in this day an age, so I suspect that we will see them being sold.

Would I buy one? No, as it doesn't have slides, and whilst I don't know about Black :whistle: but Once you've had slides its hard to go back!

• Like it Like it x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. martin2603

martin2603 Funster

Ratings:
    +627
    That’s strange, I recall 3 recent threads on certain Motorhomes from the fatherland , one leaking valve, one electrical problems and one that cannot be driven in a straight line down the road, notwithstanding the multiple water leaks previously posted. People in glasshouses!

• Like it Like it x 6
    • Love it Love it x 2
  7. Blue Knight

Blue Knight Funster

Ratings:
    +3,510
    I quite like that. It certainly looks to be quite innovative in some areas compared to the repetitive looking stuff that's being produced my the majority of manufacturers.

I spoke with some tech guy at the Oct-18 NEC show and he mentioned that Swift were going to start introducing slide-outs to some of their vans soon.

It would be great if a Brit company were to start pushing the boundaries and this looks to be a good start IMO.

• Like it Like it x 2
  8. TM59

TM59 Funster

Ratings:
    +236
    • Like it Like it x 1
  9. SteadyandGail

SteadyandGail Funster

Ratings:
    +151
    Some people might think you statenent a little harsh. As the owner of 2017 Swift Escape 684 I have to correct you...... Down to about £75 .suffice to say new body/roof floor build,excellent. Everything inside flimsy as ... To demonstrate our view of the internal build we no longer own it swapped it after 1 year.

• Informative Informative x 1