Sweet Caroline is Back (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Hi Guy! Sweet Caroline is BACK, but hopefully with another van after 18 months away!

Dolly in the photo went back to the dealership, and finally after 6 months, returned my investment! pheeeeewwwwwwww
After retiring in December last year, and backpacking around the world for 3 months, I have been perusing the sites for motorhomes during the afwul spring wet stormy weather

So 4 months later, I have found a Mercedes, Auto Trail Mochican 2 seater with a fantastic end washroom cum dressing area. As a Woman, Solo Traveller, I adore !!!

It is a 2022, with great track records, and only 32k on the clock!

Yes I am IN LOVE ONCE AGAIN, with a motorhome Dolly Mark"2" haha.

So wondering, if anyone out there, has any experience with these vehicles, or have found faults that need attention.

I am paying for an AA Report, Habitation Report, and Full Service, too, and also taking out a 6-month Warranty. I have had my son-in-law go over it, with his engineering eyes too, as a woman alone, I wanted to be sure!
So I am reaching out to the community before I pass over my entire life savings for this wonderful van.

Your help and assistance are always respected. I live in Bury St Edmunds, so if anyone knows of a garage that can do a full service, and habitation on this vehicle before parting with my money too, please let me know asap? Regards Caroline

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
24 Years
Damp test Report most important IMO I had a Chieftain Tag Axle Bloody Leak every ware. £6K sorted :pray:

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Damp test Report most important IMO I had a Chieftain Tag Axle Bloody Leak every ware. £6K sorted :pray:
owwww dear ! But spending about 1200 for Hab Test, Full Service, MOT, 6 month Warranty too, so I am crossing fingers, Ive done as much as I can to be secure with buying the MH xxxxFingers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
There are some horror stories about Auto trail so make sure it’s been very well checked over….

Hope it works out for you, and welcome back…😎

Bevlar

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 16, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Bavaria i600 A class
Exp
Since 2009
Welcome back and enjoy your adventures in your new "Dolly"

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
OWWWWWWWWWW Dear, now you are worrying me ! Horror Stories, a bit ambiguous?
here is a lady embarking on this alone, and my life savings, so please could you tell me what horror stories are surrounding this vehicle please.

As I said, I am having all the inspections under the sun, as I plan to travel all of the UK, getting used to the vehicle, but then onto Europe, but HORROR STORIES, are shattering my dreams

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Welcome back sweet caroline . I can't give you any advice about a Mohican, but I'm very pleased with my Autotrail. Try and see if previous Habitation checks have highlighted damp.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
OWWWWWWWWWW Dear, now you are worrying me ! Horror Stories, a bit ambiguous?
here is a lady embarking on this alone, and my life savings, so please could you tell me what horror stories are surrounding this vehicle please.

As I said, I am having all the inspections under the sun, as I plan to travel all of the UK, getting used to the vehicle, but then onto Europe, but HORROR STORIES, are shattering my dreams
There are many solo female travellers who are fine out there the community is very supportive.
Make sure YOU Can drive it all the checks in the world will not make up for a good test drive
See y9u in a field somewhere soon

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Welcome back sweet caroline . I can't give you any advice about a Mohican, but I'm very pleased with my Autotrail. Try and see if previous Habitation checks have highlighted damp.
WEve Damp metred all the way through, highest levels were 7.5, so happy with this, but obviously habitation inspectors will be more thorough. thank you for your advise

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
There are many solo female travellers who are fine out there the community is very supportive.
Make sure YOU Can drive it all the checks in the world will not make up for a good test drive
See y9u in a field somewhere soon
Hi there Nannie,

Thank you for the above advise, I did a 20minute drive around country lanes, as on motorways, its a straight drive and easy. so we did tiny lanes, and hill starts, so my male friend who also tried tit out too, said, I made it look easier than he did as he has never driven one ! haha. plus he is a car school of motoring inspector ! hahah

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
24 Years
Its not all horror story's Sweet Caroline its just be aware as it seams you are. After the Leaks were sorted we did 10015 miles & 11 Years of Ownership before we PX 👍

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Welcome aboard ;)

Its not all horror story's Sweet Caroline its just be aware as it seams you are. After the Leaks were sorted we did 10015 miles & 11 Years of Ownership before we PX 👍
pheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww. As I said, im doing all the inspections under the sun, plus my son in law is a top engineer, trained with lotus in norwich, so he knows his studd, and will not let his mother in law buy anything that is a Dud, so he is looking at it on Monday ! he has the final say,

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
pheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww. As I said, im doing all the inspections under the sun, plus my son in law is a top engineer, trained with lotus in norwich, so he knows his studd, and will not let his mother in law buy anything that is a Dud, so he is looking at it on Monday ! he has the final say,
thank you for your feedback, it is important to get this van right, I nearly had a nervous breakdown after the other disaster, and not getting my money back for over 6 months,

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Welcome Home Hello GIF

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
sounds like your son in law should see anything if there is….
Put a link to it up here, I’m sure people on here will give you some advice on it. You never know it might even be a funsters ex-van…🤔

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I don't know why you have taken a 6 month warranty out on a 2 year old van unless it's warranty is only 2 years
Similarly the MOT isn't due for another year and if it is having a service.
There may be a point to you doing those but I just don't see it.

32k is reasonably high for a 2 year old van. Do you know how the mileage came about ?

Wishing you great times ahead

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
That’s a lot of miles for a 2 year old van , is it ex rental. 🤔
I don't know why you have taken a 6 month warranty out on a 2 year old van unless it's warranty is only 2 years
Similarly the MOT isn't due for another year and if it is having a service.
There may be a point to you doing those but I just don't see it.

32k is reasonably high for a 2 year old van. Do you know how the mileage came about ?

Wishing you great times ahead

I could be wrong but I think AT dropped the Mohican name a few years back and I don't think they've built on Mercedes chassis for a while, as well.:unsure: Later 2000's maybe? :unsure:

Allied to 32k in 2 years I'm wondering if sweet caroline has had a fat finger moment on the year in her original post?:unsure:

edit: wonder if it's with Motorhome Depot Ipswich and is a 2002 plate with 32k?

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
Diabalo has an AutoTrail Mohawk
May be able to give some pointers of what to look for
Had my Auto Trail Mohawk 10 years and we'll happy with it. Can't think of anything particular to look out for. You seem to have made all the right checks, have you checked the tyres and and when the cambelt was last done if it has one as there is confusion over the vans age.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back