May

Rally Swaffham Bash ( formerly Thetford (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

pj650

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 14, 2010
Gretna. Dumfriesshire.
Funster No
MH
Bürstner t740
Exp
Motorhoming since 2002
Many thanks to Jaws and family. And to all the other helpers who made it a great rally.
Enjoyed the quiz and the auction.
Not to mention beer at £4 a pint 🍻
Great fish and chips and Sunday lunch.
Look forward to meeting up again sometime. Safe and happy travels to all 👍👋

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
A huge thank you to John (@Jaws ) and all your family along with Robin and Hilary @meanders our stoic marshalls for putting on such a great weekend.
Thanks you, but we were not marshalling this year. Your marshals were Lee Fryer, Kannon Fodda (Rob) and Larby plus his lovely better half. My role was solely to throw a few cables and bits of kit around, twiddle some knobs and press buttons. 😲

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Thanks you, but we were not marshalling this year. Your marshals were Lee Fryer, Kannon Fodda (Rob) and Larby plus his lovely better half. My role was solely to throw a few cables and bits of kit around, twiddle some knobs and press buttons. 😲
Robin, it was my error as my post was not well formed (now ammended).

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And the grand total is.............................

£2687.30 !!

That includes the money from ticket sales. the auctoin, £58.70 from the Quiz Gaston aires put on for us, and £1 someone found half buried in the grass LOL !!!!

So to you you Funsters, on behalf of Air Ambulance, a massive thank you and pat on the back for a job well done :love: (y) (y) :love:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix supreme
Thanks to each and every one of us to make the weekend a success, an amazing amount to give to a very worthy cause that we all hope we will never need the services of.

Mar 28, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 7012, A Class
Exp
18 years
Thank you John, family and friends, also all other helpers for another great rally, despite the weather.
Fantastic amount raised for Air Ambulance.
Hopefully you will run a Bash next year, it will be your “25th”, absolutely amazing .
Very best wishes to Daryl for quick recovery

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Looks like Jaws has found a new career, printing money :)

Twas a great meet, even if the weather did try and intervene. Ta muchly to all our musicians, sound gizmo, chef helpers, other marshalls, the Jaws family team and of course John himself without which it wouldn't happen.

Already bracing myself for next year.

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
Well I will add ,John told me if I used 2nd gear on the way out I would have no problem, well I started off in first wheels slipping, changed to 2nd and drove out without a problem. Everyday is a learning day.

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Thank you to John, John's family and everyone else who helped make this annual event a success despite the weather and to Lee who was so kind to us upon our arrival. Thank you too John for your personal help with our power problem, that was really greatly appreciated. The time, organisation and commitment involved in putting on this event must be massive and it is such a credit to those involved.

We thoroughly enjoyed the time that we spent at the event but had to leave early due to a number of mounting problems. Nevertheless, we were pleased to meet with friends old and new and especially Gary who helped us so much with our flat tyre. We have to also say that the fish and chips were absolutely great.

Hopefully, this event will continue for a few years to come and we look forward to seeing everyone there again.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
For all those who know the situation..............

Much to every ones suprise, relief and absolute delight, Darrell spoke today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was in bits ( still am ) when I was told
Massive, MASSIVE step forward. and only a week to the day since surgery

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back