May

Rally Swaffham Bash ( formerly Thetford (1 Viewer)

Dec 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix supreme
What time are the fish n chips booked for I doubt we will arrive in time but if we do is there any chance of late ordering?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
What time are the fish n chips booked for I doubt we will arrive in time but if we do is there any chance of late ordering?
Between 1630 and 1700
Worst comes to worst we have a microwave in the van :)

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
They take a good while to arrive with usually several runs to and from the chippy. IIRC the last batch arrived after 6pm last year.

Jun 2, 2016
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
sorry john will have to pull out of this meet I've broken en my cooler bone in sling for at least 6 weeks
Sorry to hear that you have to lay up for six weeks, I bet Jacqui is running around after you open cans of beer cooking lovely meals etc. Hope you will be ready for Hereford 😎

Sep 26, 2014
Ashford kent
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference
Exp
2002 15 years
Hi just hope you got some spaces I'm at newbury motorhome show hoping to go to the bash any space for this week fun. Regards jim
Just been told by Rob

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi just hope you got some spaces I'm at newbury motorhome show hoping to go to the bash any space for this week fun. Regards jim
Just been told by Rob
John hasn't been online since before lunch. Hopefully out enjoying the glorious weather.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just been told by Rob
Yes mate.. nowt like leaving it til the last second
I will send you a PM with booking info :)

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
Hi John,

I assume it's OK to bring a car as well as the motorhome but thought I ought to check. I seem to remember a few cars parked by the clubhouse last year. It will probably only be a Smart, so doesn't take up much space!

Thanks

Tony

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Hi John,

I assume it's OK to bring a car as well as the motorhome but thought I ought to check. I seem to remember a few cars parked by the clubhouse last year. It will probably only be a Smart, so doesn't take up much space!

Thanks

Tony
Yep, any cars whether self driven or toads are parked on grass, under trees, closer to the entrance gates. There won't be space for them to come onto the main rugby fields where the motorhomes are parked up. We were shoehorning some of the vans in as it was so spacings between motorhomes are not generous, just enough for safety.

Of course we hope that not everyone turns up with added cars / toads as there is still limited space for those, and the main parking area by the clubhouse needs to be kept free for the rugby club staff and members, community bus that often uses the area as a stand and similar.

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
Yep, any cars whether self driven or toads are parked on grass, under trees, closer to the entrance gates. There won't be space for them to come onto the main rugby fields where the motorhomes are parked up. We were shoehorning some of the vans in as it was so spacings between motorhomes are not generous, just enough for safety.

Of course we hope that not everyone turns up with added cars / toads as there is still limited space for those, and the main parking area by the clubhouse needs to be kept free for the rugby club staff and members, community bus that often uses the area as a stand and similar.
Great, thanks. We don't normally take a car anywhere but we have been invited out for a meal on Saturday, so need to nip back to Essex.

Feb 22, 2018
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since 2012 but tugging for 25 years previous
Hi, just to let you know that we wont now be arriving until Friday but in time for fish and chips! Looking forward to the weekend :smiley:

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018

I have a motorcycle trailer. I hope that can be parked next to our MoHo?

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Are there any spaces left for this event? Miraculously, we have a free weekend, and could take the Thursday Monday off to.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
I have a motorcycle trailer. I hope that can be parked next to our MoHo?
Yes we know many will have their bikes with them for the ride out. As trailers for these are usually smaller than arrangements for toads it's normally possible to keep them with your MoHo. We may ask you to detach and bring it alongside, especially if your MoHo is lengthy, so we can keep access routes between the parked vehicles.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Yes we know many will have their bikes with them for the ride out. As trailers for these are usually smaller than arrangements for toads it's normally possible to keep them with your MoHo. We may ask you to detach and bring it alongside, especially if your MoHo is lengthy, so we can keep access routes between the parked vehicles.
Thanks. I might bring my scooter rather than a motorbike. I guess that bars me from any ride outs? 🤣

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Off topic I know, but still Bash related. ;)

Can I ask please, 🙏 if there are any Auto Elecricians attending this Meet, could you possibly see your way to assiting me please, with an intermittent fault on the side light circuit of the MH?
It's on an Iveco Daily 60/65 C17.

With fingers firmly crossed. 🤞

Jock. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Are there any spaces left for this event? Miraculously, we have a free weekend, and could take the Thursday Monday off to.
Yep, no problem if you act quickly !
I will PM the booking info right now

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Yep, no problem if you act quickly !
I will PM the booking info right now
I have made the paypal payment and replied to the message, please let me know if anything else I need to do. Thank you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back